andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Fixture Pile-up

Post by andy » 13 Mar 2020, 16:27

Rich wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 16:07
andy wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 16:03
Bizzarely all National League games are going ahead!
As most National League teams only get small attendances(we saw Barnet and Halifax numbers) I think for now this is the correct decision and one the Southern League should have followed then see what develops later in the weekend and the start of next week.
I think we already know what will develop this weekend and next week. Each day the new cases will be higher than the previous day. This isn't going away any time soon.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 13 Mar 2020, 16:39

andy wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 16:27
This isn't going away any time soon.
Exactly, which is why I was surprised at the dates that the SL gave in the announcement.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 13 Mar 2020, 16:51

Harrogate's game at Solihull tonight postponed as 4 Harrogate players are in isolation.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 13 Mar 2020, 17:47

Rich wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 16:51
Harrogate's game at Solihull tonight postponed as 4 Harrogate players are in isolation.
Aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh!

*burns down house*

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 13 Mar 2020, 18:08

YeltzDoc wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 17:47

Aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh!

*burns down house*
Why? seems a bit silly to me ;)

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 13 Mar 2020, 18:11

The decision about the the National League is very odd as some of those teams do actually get the same kind of attendances as League 2 sides or higher: e.g. Notts County, Stockport, Chesterfield, Wrexham, Hartlepool to name just a few.

So Steps 1 and 2 of the non-league pyramid proceed, but then at Step 3, the Northern Premier League have followed suit by playing on, whilst the Southern League and the Isthmian League have postponed their matches.

So nothing is fully joined up!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 13 Mar 2020, 18:34

Complete farce at all levels.
Despite some erroneous Tweets a decision on Trophy and Vase won’t be made until next week :o

So whilst you won’t be able to stand in what is effect a field tomorrow with a couple of hundred folk at Didcot, you can go and stand with a few thousand at Leamington v. kiddy, or you could choose to travel to London and travel tightly squeezed in a tube train with thousands more, or perhaps Merry Hill with throngs of humanity ... madness doesn’t come close to describing it ???

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 13 Mar 2020, 18:52

Well that’s the league season done then I reckon (how wrong was I?!)

Think we’re fine if they do choose to promote (will surely go on points per game to even it up), but all a bit depressing really.

Wonder if we’ll even be able to start again in August...

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 13 Mar 2020, 21:49

If the season is not played to a completion, it's difficult to see how they could do any promotion and relegation in any league without getting embroiled in protests.

Inevitably, if they took positions now, those teams liable for relegation would protest, whilst if they were to cancel all leagues, those clubs denied prospective promotion would be up in arms.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Mar 2020, 05:49

juanillo wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 21:49
If the season is not played to a completion, it's difficult to see how they could do any promotion and relegation in any league without getting embroiled in protests.

Inevitably, if they took positions now, those teams liable for relegation would protest, whilst if they were to cancel all leagues, those clubs denied prospective promotion would be up in arms.
Wantage genuinely want to get relegated, so there won't be no protests from them!

I'm not sure how this will all pan out, in terms of promotion and relegation, should the decision be made to end the season.

The amount of potential litigation the league or FA will no doubt face, if they decide to not complete the season, should mean that the season should resume.

Surely?

The only positive, right now, is the potential that we'll see competitive football during the summer. Watching Yeltz reach Wembley in beer garden weather, whilst supping a nice cold pint of Yeltz Ale. I'm in.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz