Islasgrandad
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barnet

Post by Islasgrandad » 25 Feb 2020, 13:10

HalesowenHarry wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 12:55
Islasgrandad wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 12:51
Good luck in your game tonight, seems like it is definitely going ahead, fingers crossed for our game.
Happy to switch Saturday's game to the Grove ;D
If your pitch is good and good football can be played on the floor, then I would be very happy with that. Barnet like to play the "right way" but when the pitch is like a bog our game gets affected.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 25 Feb 2020, 14:23

Islasgrandad wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 13:10
HalesowenHarry wrote:
Islasgrandad wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 12:51
Good luck in your game tonight, seems like it is definitely going ahead, fingers crossed for our game.
If your pitch is good and good football can be played on the floor, then I would be very happy with that. Barnet like to play the "right way" but when the pitch is like a bog our game gets affected.
Yes we are fortunate that our pitch is very good. We do not “share” outside the club but we do have academy, under 18 and under 21 teams and remarkably tonight is the 63rd game this season :o

Islasgrandad
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Islasgrandad » 25 Feb 2020, 14:35

old git wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 14:23
Islasgrandad wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 13:10
HalesowenHarry wrote:

Yes we are fortunate that our pitch is very good. We do not “share” outside the club but we do have academy, under 18 and under 21 teams and remarkably tonight is the 63rd game this season :o
So that's around two games a week every week.
In truth every pitch should be able to cope with that. I guess your teams do not train on your main pitch, as ours don't on The Hive pitch.
It's really embarrassing how our pitch has deteriorated so quickly. There's nothing we can do to repair it until the close season, it's going to be expensive, but it's no different to like a landlord who takes rent but has to spend out on building repairs. Our Chairman is going to have to get his wallet out.

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 25 Feb 2020, 19:13

Barnet game off tonight as well.

On their website said both teams wanted to play but the forecast of light rain during the match was enough for the ref to call it off

Doesn’t sound promising for Saturday but fingers crossed 🤞

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Feb 2020, 19:50

Their fans have hammered the club for tonight's postponement, on both FB and Twitter.

I'm not sure I believe their statement, it seems to point the finger at the ref, a lot, which raises alarm bells for me, in terms of a club trying desperately to shift blame away from them.

They've had too many postponements, of late, and there's too much unrest from their own fans, to be soley down to tonights ref.

I get the impression their pitch is completely unplayable right now, due to a combination of weather and the fact it's overused by various teams. It's coming across like the pitch has been mis-managed, and not looked after by the club, who have soley looked at the money they're earning by renting the pitch out to various clubs, rather than ensuring it is in playable condition for their actual team.

It seems a complete farce, from the outside looking in.

It reminds me of the mess we got in, a few years back, when we had Black Country Rangers and God knows who else playing on the pitch. Of course we were miss managemeed off the pitch, back then...

Extra income from renting your pitch out to other teams seems a good idea for cash flow in the short term, but I'd question the actual profitability of the concept over the long term, when you consider the damage the pitch takes over the course of the season.
Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 25 Feb 2020, 20:06, edited 5 times in total.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 25 Feb 2020, 19:50

Poll wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 19:13
Barnet game off tonight as well.

On their website said both teams wanted to play but the forecast of light rain during the match was enough for the ref to call it off

Doesn’t sound promising for Saturday but fingers crossed 🤞
The current weather forecast for Barnet looks wet on Thursday with some light rain on Friday and then heavier stuff on Saturday.

I would rather they say on Friday evening if it is off than wait until Saturday.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 25 Feb 2020, 20:33

Some talk on the Barnet Forum amongst other things of switching Saturdays game to a ground such as Haringey Borough or Hendon.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Feb 2020, 20:34

They've somehow got Barry Fry to release a statement slamming the ref. That just screams of desperation to me.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 25 Feb 2020, 20:44

If it does get postponed on Saturday, presumably it will be rescheduled for Tuesday which would mean our game at Berkhamsted will then be off.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 25 Feb 2020, 21:11

What is the likelihood of the match being postponed to a midweek date as opposed to a Saturday? ??? Any advice, would be, gratefully received!