First moan of the season.

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

First moan of the season.

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Jan 2020, 07:25

Whilst watching the highlights of the routine win v Maidenhead, I noticed a number of players wearing short sleeves shirts AND gloves.

Simply unacceptable!! >:D >:D
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: First moan of the season.

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Jan 2020, 07:29

Ps. Rob Evans, what a finish.

Pps. Our third goal, was a wonderful team goal, which all started from Hawker (one of the short sleeve and glove culprits!!) breaking down play, and then starting the move off with a simple ball to Yates. Excellent goal.

I said it on a recent match thread, but for me, Hawker is relatively underrated for this team. The likes of Montel, Bunn, Bowen (I could go on), are deservedly getting a lot of the headlines, but Hawker is just as important as the aforementioned players.

Sod it, the whole team are bloody great.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 23 Jan 2020, 08:42

trust me, there'll be a bigger moan if they stick to these league prices..............

https://fchalifaxtown.com/tickets-and-h ... ay-prices/

Proper feckin billy big bollox as well on their forum, they bother even less with facts (4-1 we beat Maidenhead, 4 levels below them......... yaa dee yaa dee yaa):

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/topic/226 ... st/page/2/

Though softened later on by a couple of posters we may all know :D

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Jan 2020, 08:52

HalesowenHarry wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 08:42
trust me, there'll be a bigger moan if they stick to these league prices..............

https://fchalifaxtown.com/tickets-and-h ... ay-prices/

Proper feckin billy big bollox as well on their forum, they bother even less with facts (4-1 we beat Maidenhead, 4 levels below them......... yaa dee yaa dee yaa):

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/topic/226 ... st/page/2/

Though softened later on by a couple of posters we may all know :D
Good spot, with the forum.

£20 would be a joke. I believe the club are negotiating with Halifax to reduce this. Fair play to those involved, there's no need to, from their point of view. Fantastic gesture.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Jan 2020, 09:01

Friends of mine who saw Leiston play there last season, when Halesowen were relegated from The Southern League Premier Central, said their fans and the atmosphere there were among the worst in the league. Objects were thrown at some players, and others received verbal abuse, some of it racist in nature.
Utter rubbish.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Jan 2020, 10:16

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 09:01
Friends of mine who saw Leiston play there last season, when Halesowen were relegated from The Southern League Premier Central, said their fans and the atmosphere there were among the worst in the league. Objects were thrown at some players, and others received verbal abuse, some of it racist in nature.
Utter rubbish.
To be fair to them, if that's what they've been told why would they disbelieve it? Me and Rob have gone on their forum to defend us. I honestly believe we have the best fans going. No aggro, no animosity to opposition fans, great noise and well supported. Over the years for as long back as I can remember opposition fans have always said how great it is to come here and they have loved our away support. Long may it continue.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Jan 2020, 10:28

andy wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 10:16
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 09:01
Utter rubbish.
To be fair to them, if that's what they've been told why would they disbelieve it? Me and Rob have gone on their forum to defend us. I honestly believe we have the best fans going. No aggro, no animosity to opposition fans, great noise and well supported. Over the years for as long back as I can remember opposition fans have always said how great it is to come here and they have loved our away support. Long may it continue.
Bang on.

My gripe is with the Leiston fan concocting this story.

I'm certain that if any such behaviour occurred, it would be swiftly dealt with by our own fans.

uncle jack and coke
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by uncle jack and coke » 23 Jan 2020, 10:54

From our own match report thread for the Leiston match

[[shadow][/shadow]quote=juanillo post_id=38335 time=1553427728 user_id=81]
It was much better in the second half, and for a change chances were created.

On a sour note, I wasn't impressed with one of two in the shed yesterday. The amount of abuse directed at the referee and their keeper in particular overstepped the mark. It's when banter goes too far and the irony in the overweight chants was lost on on some of those giving it out. Good job the beer is in plastic cups as well as those were thrown as well.

Just one or two I know, and there were a few extras in yesterday with the season ticket offer.

You wouldn[shadow][/shadow]'t get away with shouting that stuff in the street at someone but as it's football, it's seen as fair game.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Jan 2020, 13:06

Oh it was that game. I remember it now. It's probably as bad as its ever got and it was barely nothing. One tiny incident in years and years of nothing. I'm not buying it.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Jan 2020, 13:16

uncle jack and coke wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 10:54
From our own match report thread for the Leiston match

[[shadow][/shadow]quote=juanillo post_id=38335 time=1553427728 user_id=81]
It was much better in the second half, and for a change chances were created.

On a sour note, I wasn't impressed with one of two in the shed yesterday. The amount of abuse directed at the referee and their keeper in particular overstepped the mark. It's when banter goes too far and the irony in the overweight chants was lost on on some of those giving it out. Good job the beer is in plastic cups as well as those were thrown as well.

Just one or two I know, and there were a few extras in yesterday with the season ticket offer.

You wouldn[shadow][/shadow]'t get away with shouting that stuff in the street at someone but as it's football, it's seen as fair game.
Better memory than I.

The racial accusation, is concerning. Why wasn't this raised at the time, by the Leiston fan?