Yeltz Yule (2019)

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Yeltz Yule (2019)

Post by DJ » 19 Dec 2019, 13:37

Yeltz Yule Quiz 2019

How well do you know your Yeltz? DJ’s Yeltz Yule Quiz returns for 2019, posing 12 questions for the 12 days of Christmas with the winning prize of a bottle of whisky. Many of the answers can be found within the official website & social media feeds, unofficial forum, matchday programme or by visiting the Grove.

Entries should be e-mailed to yeltzyule@virginmedia.com before 6th January 2020. Alternatively, answers may be handed in to DJ (David Johnson) in the Press Box or the Club Shop at one of the home games on 21st December or 1st January. The winner and correct answers will be published as soon as possible after 11th January 2020.

1. How many Cup games have the Yeltz played this season?

2. What was assistant-manager John Snape’s usual shirt number in his Yeltz playing days during the mid 1990s?

3. What unusual event happened at the Barton Rovers v Yeltz game in September?

4. Which Yeltz player has won the most Tulley’s Print Man-of-the-Match awards this season (up to and including 17th December 2019)?

5. Name FOUR different sponsors of the Southern League Cup in seasons that Halesowen Town have played in that competition (half a point for two correct sponsors).

6. Against which team did Director Keith McKenna score his only first-team Yeltz goal?

7. Name THREE different Fixed Wheel Brewery ales that have been on sale in the James Grove Lounge this season.

8. What is the nickname of the most southerly team that Halesowen visit in this season’s BetVictor Southern Division One Central?

9. What is the current seating capacity at the Grove? (answers within 20 of the correct number win a point)

10. Who scored the quickest goal in any first-team game (excluding pre-season) at the Grove this season? (half a point for the player and half a point for his team)

11. What am I? I’m very, very old, so I’ve seen thousands of players come and go. I live at the Grove and I have a perfect close-up view of the pitch. I open before a game and close immediately afterwards and I’m locked during the week. I might look blue and you can see right through me, but I’m as hard as iron underneath. What am I?

12. What will the attendance be at the Yeltz FA Trophy home game on 11th January 2020 against Maidenhead United? Answers within 25 of the actual attendance win a point. If the game is postponed, the attendance figure used will be 0 (zero).

In the event of a tie, the answer to Question 12 will be used as a tiebreaker, with the closest answer deemed the quiz winner.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yeltz Yule (2019)

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 19 Dec 2019, 14:06

DJ wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 13:37
Yeltz Yule Quiz 2019
11. What am I? I’m very, very old, so I’ve seen thousands of players come and go. I live at the Grove and I have a perfect close-up view of the pitch. I open before a game and close immediately afterwards and I’m locked during the week. I might look blue and you can see right through me, but I’m as hard as iron underneath. What am I?
I better be careful with my answer for this...
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 28 Dec 2019, 12:56

Stuck without a Yeltz game on Saturday afternoon? Why not pass the time with a Yeltz quiz instead?
https://www.ht-fc.co.uk/yeltz-xmas-quiz

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 04 Jan 2020, 12:20

Final call to submit your entry by the close of play on Monday, 6th. Don't be put off if you don't know all the answers - no-one has this quiz 100% right to date, so it's still all to play for...

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 16 Jan 2020, 15:10

Yeltz Yule Christmas Quiz 2019
The winner of the Yeltz Yule Quiz 2019 is Richard Turley and he deservedly wins a bottle of whisky. The runner-up is Chas Shakespeare. Answers are given below:

1. How many Cup games have the Yeltz played this season? Answer: 17 (as at closing date of 06/01/20)

2. What was assistant-manager John Snape’s usual shirt number in his Yeltz playing days during the mid 1990s? Answer: 5

3. What unusual event happened at the Barton Rovers v Yeltz game in September? Answer: After a long delay, the game ended with just one assistant referee running the line after the match referee was injured.

4. Which Yeltz player has won the most Tulley’s Print Man-of-the-Match awards this season (up to and including 17th December 2019)? Answer: Paul McCone (3 times)

5. Name FOUR different sponsors of the Southern League Cup in seasons that Halesowen Town have played in that competition (half a point for two correct sponsors). Answer: Choose any four from: Bill Dellow Cup (1986), Westgate Insurance (1987-90), Larchimage Windows (1990-91), Barclays Commercial Services (1991-93), Dr Martens (1993-2004), Errea (2005-07), GX Cup (2008-09), Red Insure (2009-11), CSS (City Security Services) (2018-)

6. Against which team did Director Keith McKenna score his only first-team Yeltz goal? Answer: Crawley Town (in the 4-1 home win on 1st May, 1993)

7. Name THREE different Fixed Wheel Brewery ales that have been on sale in the James Grove Lounge this season. Answer: Correct examples include Chain Reaction, Blackheath Stout, Mellow Johnny, Tornado Tom, Yeltz Pale Ale, The Black Cyclone.

8. What is the nickname of the most southerly team that Halesowen visit in this season’s BetVictor Southern Division One Central? Answer: The Alfredians (Wantage Town is the most southerly visit in this season’s league)

9. What is the current seating capacity at the Grove? (answers within 20 of the correct number win a point). Answer: 418. Probably only counting at the Grove will reveal this and research will most likely find a figure of 525. However, this was never updated after the first seating row was removed for safety reasons in recent years.

10. Who scored the quickest goal in any first-team game (excluding pre-season) at the Grove this season? (half a point for the player and half a point for his team). Answer: Jay Rolfe for Welwyn Garden City (in the 6th minute of the game on 31/08/19)

Answer: I’m the gate leading onto the pitch from the players’ tunnel.
Grove_gate_1.jpg
12. What will the attendance be at the Yeltz FA Trophy home game on 11th January 2020 against Maidenhead United? Answers within 25 of the actual attendance win a point. If the game is postponed, the attendance figure used will be 0 (zero). Answer: 892
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 16 Jan 2020, 15:54

DJ wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 15:10
The winner of the Yeltz Yule Quiz 2019 is Richard Turley and he deservedly wins a bottle of whisky. The runner-up is Chas Shakespeare. Answers are given below:

1. How many Cup games have the Yeltz played this season? Answer: 17 (as at closing date of 06/01/20)

2. What was assistant-manager John Snape’s usual shirt number in his Yeltz playing days during the mid 1990s? Answer: 5

3. What unusual event happened at the Barton Rovers v Yeltz game in September? Answer: After a long delay, the game ended with just one assistant referee running the line after the match referee was injured.

4. Which Yeltz player has won the most Tulley’s Print Man-of-the-Match awards this season (up to and including 17th December 2019)? Answer: Paul McCone (3 times)

5. Name FOUR different sponsors of the Southern League Cup in seasons that Halesowen Town have played in that competition (half a point for two correct sponsors). Answer: Choose any four from: Bill Dellow Cup (1986), Westgate Insurance (1987-90), Larchimage Windows (1990-91), Barclays Commercial Services (1991-93), Dr Martens (1993-2004), Errea (2005-07), GX Cup (2008-09), Red Insure (2009-11), CSS (City Security Services) (2018-)

6. Against which team did Director Keith McKenna score his only first-team Yeltz goal? Answer: Crawley Town (in the 4-1 home win on 1st May, 1993)

7. Name THREE different Fixed Wheel Brewery ales that have been on sale in the James Grove Lounge this season. Answer: Correct examples include Chain Reaction, Blackheath Stout, Mellow Johnny, Tornado Tom, Yeltz Pale Ale, The Black Cyclone.

8. What is the nickname of the most southerly team that Halesowen visit in this season’s BetVictor Southern Division One Central? Answer: The Alfredians (Wantage Town is the most southerly visit in this season’s league)

9. What is the current seating capacity at the Grove? (answers within 20 of the correct number win a point). Answer: 418. Probably only counting at the Grove will reveal this and research will most likely find a figure of 525. However, this was never updated after the first seating row was removed for safety reasons in recent years.

10. Who scored the quickest goal in any first-team game (excluding pre-season) at the Grove this season? (half a point for the player and half a point for his team). Answer: Jay Rolfe for Welwyn Garden City (in the 6th minute of the game on 31/08/19)

Grove_gate_1.jpg
12. What will the attendance be at the Yeltz FA Trophy home game on 11th January 2020 against Maidenhead United? Answers within 25 of the actual attendance win a point. If the game is postponed, the attendance figure used will be 0 (zero). Answer: 892
Well done Richard 👏👏👏

Yeltz_Bear
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz_Bear » 16 Jan 2020, 16:14

DJ wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 15:10

Grove_gate_1.jpg
Whoop whoop. Back of the net!

Thank you

DJ for organising again.