Asa

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Asa

Post by piearce9 » 28 Dec 2018, 15:42

Has departed for Rushall. Top player over the years, sad to see him leave. A club legend, no doubt about it.

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Asa

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 28 Dec 2018, 15:56

Can’t say I am happy about this, a well respected player around the club by all fans and players, and just to be cast aside by new management is not right in my opinion .

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 28 Dec 2018, 16:16

Was inevitable. He's 39 and has been in and out recently. Not sure you're right to have a go at management over it. But right isn't often a word used on here.
Great servant Asa. Certainly a big reason we won the league 5 years ago. You might say he made Tilt in that back 3

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Dec 2018, 16:23

THEYELTZBUG wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 15:56
Can’t say I am happy about this, a well respected player around the club by all fans and players, and just to be cast aside by new management is not right in my opinion .
I believe it's a good trait that the new management aren't showing signs of sentiment here. They certainly shouldn't be criticised for this decision. They've come in and assessed the squad, they now need to make decisions on current players and make signings to improve the squad. I'm happy with that, as long as it improves the squad and so far their new signings seem to be making small impacts. Mended-Jones, Sweeney and Taylor, for example. But it will take time for all new players to gel and settle in. How many new players have we signed now under the new management? It's not a quick process for it all to click.

Asa, of course, has been a wonderful servant to the club and is rightfully a fan favorite. He's had a good stint with us over a number of spells, and he was rightfully voted player of the season a number of times in recent seasons but the time is correct for him to move on. Unfortunately age has caught up with him this season and he hasn't been his usual solid and affective self for us.

We move on. But wish him all the very best at Rushall. He deserves all the luck he can get, playing wise and potentially coaching wise in the future!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 28 Dec 2018, 16:37

Always gave 100 percent effort in every game... but the same as Hughes , he's no spring chick, and as previously stated managers are judged by results...and changes are needed as the table shows.. just hope the players they bring in are better and have the heart for it, and want to play for and be a part of Halesowen town Fc
All the very best to asa at his new club, a great servant and top bloke

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 28 Dec 2018, 16:59

Sorry to see him go tbh I think hes been half decent thus far. Thought it strange he wasnt playing against Stour. But changes have to be made and for the future too. I wish him all the best and am grateful for his effort.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 28 Dec 2018, 17:14

Great bloke and a great servant to The Yeltz - but there's no room for sentiment in the cut throat world of football at any level.
Good luck Asa and thank you!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Dec 2018, 17:59

Certainly my favourite player over the last few years. I think I used to give him or Platt MOM every week at one time. That said, I was one that wanted change and if the new management feel it is in our interests to replace him then so be it. I feel they want to build a squad in their own mould and I'm sure it will end up being better than the one they inherited.
All the best for the future Asa, a real legend for this club, for which you will be long remembered.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 28 Dec 2018, 18:53

We all wanted a change of management - and got one.
With that comes the " new broom sweeps clean" scenario.
Would we have been happy if there were no new faces and things stayed as they were? I think not.
If long service and loyalty was sacrosanct then we'd have 50 year olds hobbling out on a Saturday afternoon!
Every player has a sell by date and I'm sure that Asa was aware of that.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 28 Dec 2018, 19:09

You are spot on, Lutley. I honestly can’t believe my eyes at some of the comments I’ve read since the Stour game.

Speaking bluntly, some people had convinced themselves that we had a really capable squad that was being undone by John Hill’s tactics and influence. The last few weeks have thrown that assertion out of the window head first. It is now perfectly obvious that the players Rob and Larry inherited are [raises megaphone] NO WAY NEAR GOOD ENOUGH! So changes like this are inevitable.

PS- anyone who disagrees I will happily fight bare-chested in Steve Lynch’s Wooden Octagon.