Shall we sing a song for you?!

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Shall we sing a song for you?!

Post by dalevillain » 05 Dec 2018, 12:38

Last nights atmosphere in the Shed was fantastic - a throwback to the old days where it was rocking and I genuinely feel the atmosphere created last night inspired the players and managed to get us a result.

Whilst it is good to hear a lot of new songs being introduced its sad that some of the older Yeltz songs have been forgotten about and not sang anymore.

‘Bright Golden Haze’ was IMO our anthem and what was a pretty unique song and not of the generic chant a lot of other teams sing with varying words.

Plus I always liked ‘Beneath That Window’ which again whilst pretty random was quite unique as well and pretty funny.

Any other old songs anyone else can remember over the years that are not song anymore?

P.S this isn’t a gripe at the newbies to the Yeltz who I appreciate are trying to generate an atmosphere but more a request/plea for the old songs to return alongside.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Shall we sing a song for you?!

Post by YeltzDoc » 05 Dec 2018, 13:12

Train Arrive!

cripcrap
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by cripcrap » 05 Dec 2018, 13:18

Joe 90

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 05 Dec 2018, 13:20

Fresh fish! Beers in the wagon! You were made for me.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Dec 2018, 13:39

I think the 'Yeltz Band' generate a great atmosphere. I wish we had more singers behind the goal to generate a better atmosphere - especially in the first half down the Stourbr*dge Road end. I recall a few years back, the Stourbrudge Road end was a lot busier than it is now during the first half, I'd like to see it back to those busy days.

Personal favorite last night from the band was 'You put your loanees in, your loanees out...ohhhh the Halesowen'. Brilliant ;D ;D
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Cornwall yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Cornwall yeltz » 05 Dec 2018, 14:00

Loved the sombrero song...as well as Evan wrights "pineapple on his head song"

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 05 Dec 2018, 15:19

A bit dated, but "Cowley is a Yeltzman" was a good one. Especially when he was playing for Stourbr*dge against us

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 05 Dec 2018, 17:34

Wheels wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 13:20
You were made for me.
Yes! Remember this one, had forgotten about that. Not sure about the other two or the ones Doc and Cripcrap mentioned.

Would love to get the ‘old timers’ back together for an old fashioned Yeltz sing song.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 05 Dec 2018, 17:52

I used to like 'We All Follow the Black and Yellow Team' to the tune of 'Yellow Submarine' back in days of playing in non-appropriate colours because we were sponsored by Hamer Ford.
The Andy Bradley Chant was also quite impressive which on one occasion lasted for the entire second half at Hastings - complete with a large number of percussion instruments borrowed for the weekend from a primary school in Northampton!
Oh, and there was glitter to go with it.
Precious times! ;D

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 05 Dec 2018, 18:08

And who can ever forget Fiona's attempt to get us all to sing some convoluted adaptation of the Toblerone advert! Quite frankly, it was crap.
Don't ask me how it went - far too complicated for football fans to sing ;)