Worst nightmare!

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Worst nightmare!

Post by andy » 26 Nov 2011, 19:34

Hang on, i take that back. I know it's been a long time but,Tamworth............ ::)

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 26 Nov 2011, 22:41

andy wrote:Hang on, i take that back. I know it's been a long time but,Tamworth............ ::)

;D

The Reasonable Man
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by The Reasonable Man » 27 Nov 2011, 22:41

I echo what Aled said.

Very few of us took any pleasure in your near demise in the aftermath of the Ingram era, and we give you full credit for sticking with it and being determined to wrestle back your club and get it back on an even keel.

Whilst It is reassuring generally to see a club (any club, not just HTFC) which has been spending money it didn't have, and letting its creditors suffer at the same time, get its comeuppance, that was nowt to do with the genuine supporters who, when all is said and done, are no different from us up the road in red and white.

No, I don't want to see you winning football matches (and I'm thrilled that some of you don't want to see us doing likewise - just as it should be!), but I'm never going to wish the likes of M**s*n and the Ingrams on anybody. We had it with Steve Daniels back at the end of the 90s - nearly cost us our existence. Why did none of you seem bothered when his name was linked with you last year? Have you all had your heads in the sand?

Again, like Aled said, we're seeing the good times at the moment. It might last a while - another twelve months, five years, ten years? Maybe. For ever? No chance! That's life.

Your time will come again... but not too soon, eh?!

PS. YeltzDoc is spot on about Tamworth. Can I add Nuneaton, Corby and Grantham to the list please?

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 27 Nov 2011, 23:07

The Reasonable Man wrote: We had it with Steve Daniels back at the end of the 90s - nearly cost us our existence. Why did none of you seem bothered when his name was linked with you last year? Have you all had your heads in the sand?
Nice stuff TRM but I have to pick you up on Daniels.

When he started to be associated with Mason / a potential consortium / other rumours, we went absolutely f*cking mental.

Unfortunately the old forum died but there was an awful lot of spleen vented on there towards Sheriff Fatman from our lot.

We know all of the things that he was associated with and nobody wanted / wants / will ever want him anywhere near our football club.

The Reasonable Man
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by The Reasonable Man » 28 Nov 2011, 22:18

Fair enough, I take it back.

Although at the time several of us were expressing amazement that there didn't seem to be any great uprising against his involvement. Must have been looking in the wrong place.

Let me put on record here and now that I would not have wished Mr Daniels even on you lot!

Pantverdant

Post by Pantverdant » 28 Nov 2011, 22:20

Glassed Boys success is great for the area,good for local business including the Mighty Yeltz
on a personal level I deffed the non league last season and saved my pennies to watch
the tripe Gerard Houllier served Up!
It's like the old days of the 1930's are back, instead of Villa Park one week St.
Andrews the next like the old timers did.It's regular visits to the War Memorial
Athletic Ground to see Causeway United and Stourbr*dge.The spin off is visits
to the Grove and Illey Lane(or if you are my thrifty mate Northfield Town and
Stourbr*dge Road!)
Let's hope M**s*n and the Ingrams are consigned to the sewerage farm
of history and even if we drop down a level or two at least we have some
local derbies to look forward too,and we can aim one day to emulate
Stourbr*dge F C.
O0