So, who next?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

So, who next?

Post by andy » 22 Nov 2018, 13:51

I wonder if there is already someone in their mind. If not and they invite others to throw their hat in the ring, it's a massive opportunity for someone.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: So, who next?

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 22 Nov 2018, 13:54

I am in no way knowledgeable about non-league managers so can't really add any names, but I'll throw out Brendon Kelly - that would be an interesting shout! I wonder if we'll go down the Lee Hughes player / manager route? I'd like to see a fairly young manager who would bring in new ideas. Whoever the new manager is, I would like to see them do more to integrate our youth players into the team.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

venki
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by venki » 22 Nov 2018, 15:03

Steve Bruce is available I believe ;D

changesnightclub
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by changesnightclub » 22 Nov 2018, 19:02

Is Stewart hall available ;)

Frodo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Frodo » 22 Nov 2018, 22:20

Whoever it is, there is now potential in us winning something. I thank JH for the stability he brought us, however we now have a new dawn and hope for success, and I welcome it.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Nov 2018, 20:28

Worcester City: John Snape in contention for Halesowen Town post

WORCESTER City’s John Snape is understood to be a contender for the vacant manager’s post at Halesowen Town.

Ex-Yeltz captain Snape appeared 284 times during the 90s as part of a team that pushed for a place in the Conference with club bosses thought to regard him as a top option to replace exiting gaffer John Hill.

Halesowen announced on Thursday that Hill would be leaving after more than six years in charge with right-hand man Matt Clarke also heading through the door.

The duo agreed to remain in place for two matches, presiding over Saturday’s 8-2 thrashing at Spennymoor in the FA Trophy before bringing down the curtain on their tenure at AFC Rushden & Diamonds in the Southern League Premier Division tomorrow (Tuesday).

On Friday, joint-owner Keith McKenna told the Halesowen News there had been “plenty of interest” and that talks with a “wide range” of candidates with “varying experience” had started and would continue over the weekend.

When asked about the vacancy following Saturday's 6-1 home defeat to Westfields, Snape replied: "To be honest, I am gutted about what happened today ahead of thinking about anything else.

"We are trying to build something at the club. Maybe you have to take a couple of steps back to step forward.

"The fans and board here have been fantastic towards me up to now but I see their impatience and we want to win things.

"Before talking about any other football club, it is about looking after what I have got and moving forward."

Snape was unavailable for comment today (Monday).

City chairman Steve Goode said he had not been made aware of any approach for Snape’s services, formal or otherwise.

Halesowen president and director Colin Brookes declined to comment.

Snape stepped up from his role as City's assistant manager following Carl Heeley’s resignation in January 2017, taking over a team 18th in National North amid swingeing budget cuts.

He stayed on after the club opted for voluntary relegation, naming Lee Hughes as joint-manager ahead of a first campaign in the Midland Football League.

Hughes left on the back of then-chairman Anthony Hampson's warning in March that City’s budget could be axed to fund a new stadium, joining Halesowen as a player where he remains today.

Hampson stood down in August with four Worcester City Supporters’ Trust-affiliated directors taking places on the board.

Despite a shaky start to this season, City embarked on a 15-match unbeaten run under Snape and new assistant Ashley Vincent but a recent dip in form and Saturday’s horror show has seen the boss come under fire.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/1 ... town-post/

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Nov 2018, 20:31

Neil Kitching in Halesowen Town frame
By Joe Edwards | Halesowen Town FC | Published: Nov 23, 2018

Former Stafford Rangers boss Neil Kitching has thrown his hat into the ring for the Halesowen Town job after John Hill’s impending departure was announced.

Hill is leaving the Yeltz following six years at the helm – but will oversee the next two games while a successor is sought.

Fans called for Hill, who led the club to promotion from the Northern League Division One South in 2014, to go after Tuesday’s 2-0 defeat to Barwell. Assistant Matt Clarke is also departing.

Kitching, who has also managed Rushall Olympic, left Rangers at the end of last season, after leading them to glory in the Staffordshire Senior Cup.

Halesowen want an experienced manager who can take them to the next level.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... own-frame/

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Nov 2018, 20:35

Also the then Nuneaton Borough manager left by Mutual consent on Thursday too. Probably a coincidence, but stranger things in football have happened.

Any other links or fan speculation?

shedender
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by shedender » 26 Nov 2018, 21:52

Steady nerves will win the day. I’m sure those in charge WILL have the ambition, now there is a clean slate & a sound financial platform, to aim as high as possible for the type of PROVEN pedigree & profile of new Team Management that this sleeping giant deserves. After some weekend discussions in our particular group we are all poised with baited breath, to come off the blocks with renewed vigour in our support (in numbers and vocal volume) on Sat 1st Dec IF there is the Manager appointment we deserve!! If there is anything other than at least an attempt at an obvious “onwards and upwards” appointment (and if we are left with a feeling of there being a “same old, same old” stop gap appointment) then there WILL continue to be consequences in relation to levels of supporter attendance...at least as far as we are concerned anyway.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 26 Nov 2018, 21:55

We need experience. End of.
Bit unfair on stop gap appts. You don't know our history if you think we've done that much if at all. (Though I'm selectively erasing Chambers and Moore ;D )

No to Hughes like others have mentioned on here.
Snape heart says yes, head says hmmmm.......
Kitching possibly. Left Stafford cos of budget issues season before last. He's been no higher than this level though.
Eaden doesn't have a lot of experience from Nuneaton and has mainly been a number 2 elsewhere.
There'll be others I'm sure.