Gone

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gone

Post by Yeltz27 » 22 Nov 2018, 18:01

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 17:28
You can talk about sleeping giants but with the people involved off the field now, the right person coming in could be sitting on something big.
This is bang on. We are a much better club than one who is consistently scrapping against relegation, and the players we have had and currently have are better than that. We are a bigger club than our attendances suggest. We should be attracting much higher attendances than we have done under Hill's reign. Hopefully the new manager brings with him a positive attitude that can get this club back to where it should be. On and off the pitch.
I haven’t seen these players that you always mention. From what I’ve seen this season most of them have been totally inept and nowhere near good enough. Of course management and coaching will have played a huge part in it, but the squad needs a total overhaul.

I really, really hope they don’t go for Lee Hughes. At a time when the club needs to be rebuilding its reputation and trust with lost fans, in my opinion it would be a very divisive appointment and wouldn’t help the club in the situation it currently finds itself in. Also he has been here under the previous regime and it needs a total clear out. Totally new ideas and direction

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 22 Nov 2018, 18:55

We've had a plethora of good players over the course of this season, and last season, but the results and peformances haven't matched that quality. Take this season for example.

Platt is as good a GK as you'll get in this league. Kelly and Ekongo are / were great full backs. Then we've had the likes of Goddard, Rea, Lawton in midfield. Along with Roberts and Hughes up top. Those are quality players for this level.

We had the likes of Kyle Morrison and Udoh last year, amongst many others. To say we've not had good players is incorrect.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 22 Nov 2018, 19:02

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 18:55
We've had a plethora of good players over the course of this season, and last season, but the results and peformances haven't matched that quality. Take this season for example.

Platt is as good a GK as you'll get in this league. Kelly and Ekongo are / were great full backs. Then we've had the likes of Goddard, Rea, Lawton in midfield. Along with Roberts and Hughes up top. Those are quality players for this level.

We had the likes of Kyle Morrison and Udoh last year, amongst many others. To say we've not had good players is incorrect.
Yes I know we’ve had good players over the past few seasons. Like I say, I’ve always thought the budget thing was a total myth. But, you’d be hard pressed to say that the two sides that have been put out in the past week contained much, if any quality. It was about as poor as you will ever see at this level

jhazz99
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jhazz99 » 22 Nov 2018, 19:12

Yeltz27 wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 18:01

I really, really hope they don’t go for Lee Hughes. At a time when the club needs to be rebuilding its reputation and trust with lost fans, in my opinion it would be a very divisive appointment and wouldn’t help the club in the situation it currently finds itself in. Also he has been here under the previous regime and it needs a total clear out. Totally new ideas and direction
Totally agree, complete fresh start is needed and hughes isn't exactly a unifying figure that is probably needed at this time

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 22 Nov 2018, 19:30

Well I dont know but I for one, am dumbfounded by some of Hill's statement. After the rubbish that has been served up by him in the last few years how can he say he has contacted Keith about what type of manager we should go for and then to say if the new bloke should need any advice/input, he, Hill, is at the end of the phone. Hills judgement has been questioned many times by many so what value is his opinion ?

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 22 Nov 2018, 20:50

I think he's trying to be gracious in defeat. Clearly he feels some affection for the club and the Brookes family after 6 years even if that isnt reciprocated in full by the fans. It hasnt worked for him. It doesnt mean he isnt likely to be affected by it. I dont read too much into it tbh. He's gone. We have a bit of time to replace him without being completely rudderless.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 22 Nov 2018, 22:12

dalevillain wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 16:11
Yeltz27 wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 15:16
jhazz99 wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 15:04
Closing thoughts from JH ;

https://www.halesowennews.co.uk/sport/1 ... a-whimper/
His comments in that article are excellent. Things had become stuck a long time ago and unfortunately change needed to happen. I say unfortunately because reading the article it is clear that John Hill loves Halesowen. Despite my criticisms over the last few years, I am sure that if he finds the right club, John Hill will do a very good job somewhere like he did during our promotion season. I wish him the best for the future
I think ideally he should have gone at the end of last season once he had kept us up.
Can I point out Hill didn't keep us up last year, a league restructure did.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 22 Nov 2018, 23:49

Some nice comments from John who clearly has lots of love for the club and in particular Colin. During the troubles we've had over the past few years it's clearly not been the easiest of jobs to do, and I know Colin has commented on radio that there were times in the past John even paid the players expenses from his own pocket to ensure players weren't out of pocket and we could raise a team of sorts. I think the easy option would have been to have got rid of John and Matt when the takeover finally happened but the owners clearly felt it was right and proper to repay some of that loyalty and give him a chance to move the club forwards. It's disappointing to see that things didn't really improve under John this season so it was inevitable the time would come he would leave the club. The results and performances have been poor for a while but it's important to remember he managed us under some really difficult times for the club and the previous owner. John has kept the team at this level (just) but with the owners we have now this will give us the opportunity to grow.

Hopefully those people who have stayed away will come back to the club now and support it as it strives to improve both on and off the pitch.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 23 Nov 2018, 08:16

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 22:12
dalevillain wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 16:11
Yeltz27 wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 15:16

His comments in that article are excellent. Things had become stuck a long time ago and unfortunately change needed to happen. I say unfortunately because reading the article it is clear that John Hill loves Halesowen. Despite my criticisms over the last few years, I am sure that if he finds the right club, John Hill will do a very good job somewhere like he did during our promotion season. I wish him the best for the future
I think ideally he should have gone at the end of last season once he had kept us up.
Can I point out Hill didn't keep us up last year, a league restructure did.
No. Never speak of it again or the stoning begins. >:D

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 23 Nov 2018, 14:27

https://www.halesowennews.co.uk/sport/1 ... y-barwell/
Didn't someone mention that the usual excuses would be trotted out re: defeat by Barwell.