Youngsters make the grade.

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Youngsters make the grade.

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 10 Oct 2018, 14:01

HALESOWEN TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB are delighted to announce that several players from the successful U-21 team have registered with the first team.

Defenders Joab Wheatley and Matthew Nicholds have been joined by midfielders Akara Glass, Bradleigh Ward and Shane Grainger and are now available for first team selection.

The five will also continue to play for the Yeltz U-21 team in its inaugural season in the Total Motion Midland Football League U-21 West where they have lost just one of their opening league and cup games and sees them at the top of the league.

The League Cuup fixture at Redditch United may be a perfect opportunity for some of these players to shine.
This is fantastic news.

Joab Wheatley and Shane Grainger both got minutes last night. I hope that we see the players mentioned in the article, and possibly more, break through into the senior squad. Just looking at Twatter, and I've seen Joab's Tweet - he genuinely comes across as being excited to be given an opportunity. I would much rather see this than see an ex-pro like SEB take the piss and look disinterested and put next to no effort in.

I really hope one of these lads gets a good run in the first team, and takes the opportunity with both hands.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Youngsters make the grade.

Post by RobYeltz » 10 Oct 2018, 19:08

The ex youth = now U21 lads have been an absolute credit to the club every time I've seen them, they have a real passion for the club and pride in the shirt they wear, they're a genuinely nice bunch of lads and they play some lovely football. I hope they get the chance to continue their development at Halesowen. It is a big jump from the level they have been playing in the floodlit youth league to the 1st team, so it's great the U21 side is there to help bridge the gap. I urge anyone to go along and support the youth and U21 lads.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ