Redditch tomorrow

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 08 Oct 2018, 10:22

Charging £10 for adults. Bloody hell!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Redditch tomorrow

Post by dalevillain » 08 Oct 2018, 12:16

Not sure if there’s anything our club can do about it but I think a ‘gentle’ protest on social media wouldn’t go amiss to see if a reduction can be made.

I was happy to go but must admit £10 is a little off putting and somewhat extortionate for the first round of a less coveted cup competition so unsure if I will go. I certainly wouldn’t if it was a home game and we were charging that much.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 08 Oct 2018, 13:40

dalevillain wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 12:16
Not sure if there’s anything our club can do about it but I think a ‘gentle’ protest on social media wouldn’t go amiss to see if a reduction can be made.

I was happy to go but must admit £10 is a little off putting and somewhat extortionate for the first round of a less coveted cup competition so unsure if I will go. I certainly wouldn’t if it was a home game and we were charging that much.
We charged £5 for the Senior cup, which is good value generally. I place the Senior cup as more prestigious than the this tin pot league cup competition.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 09 Oct 2018, 09:21

So appears the ‘gentle’ protest on Twitter has fallen on deaf ears with Redditch as not had one comment from anyone at the club justifying or reasoning over the price of the ticket. It might only be £10 but it’s a lot for a meaningless game especially in the midweek when people have to travel.

I have decided as a result of this I will be boycotting the game there tonight out of principle as to not line their pockets further.

There’s a lot of other games around for cheaper so considering going down the Lye instead.

Please note this boycott/protest is not aimed at Halesowen Town Football Club whatsoever.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 09 Oct 2018, 10:01

If anyone else feels that £10 is too much, Lye are playing at home to RAF - Managed by Kev Berry. Thought that would interest a few folks.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 09 Oct 2018, 13:00

Im still going. Its my team playing. Bugger Redditch. I get its not a glamorous tie, but hey if we win the cup ;D ;D