SEB.....

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: SEB.....

Post by lutleyyeltz » 25 Sep 2018, 17:39

Rumour has it that SEB has signed a 20 year contract with Gregg's.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Sep 2018, 18:01

lutleyyeltz wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 17:39
Rumour has it that SEB has signed a 20 year contract with Gregg's.
*insert joke about rolls here*
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Sep 2018, 18:50

I heard he was off to do a marathon!
Oh no they're snickers now aren't they....

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 25 Sep 2018, 23:41

Could have been a really useful player, but didnt look up to it. Shame really.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Sep 2018, 07:52

Has this even happened, though? I can't see anything officially announced? Where has the info come from?

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 26 Sep 2018, 08:31

just a note about most of the players at this level (all non-contracted that is). The reason the club doesn't say such and such has left etc is because if they're savvy enough, they'll retain the registration of the player. That way should we need to call on them again, they're still signed for us and can just play at a moments notice. This doesn't include players who leave to go to clubs in the the same league mind. Wouldn't you love to be a secretary!!!! I imagine I've missed a hundred weight of other signing rules as well!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Sep 2018, 08:51

That's a fair point. But even in that scenario, why couldn't the club let fans know? Let's use Agbor as an example, the club could (some may say they shouldn't have to, of course), release news along the lines of 'John Hill doesn't envisage Agbor being available for Halesowen Town games at this stage of the season, so Roland has been allowed to sign for Black Country Rangers but remains registered with the Yeltz should Hill wish to call upon Roland's services in the future'.

That took less than a minute to type, so it's not a huge amount of work. If the club feel fans don't need to know, that's fair enough. I just feel it would be nice to know about the comings and goings of players from official sources rather than guesswork and hear say. Maybe I'm alone in feeling that way?

We're discussing a player who has allegedly left, I'm no wiser due to lack of official information. He may not have left and we're discussing it!

It's not a moan, more of a question before words are twisted.

Unihammer01
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Unihammer01 » 26 Sep 2018, 09:03

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 07:52
Has this even happened, though? I can't see anything officially announced? Where has the info come from?
A work colleague who is a good friend of Sylvan's from his days at Wolves. If this proves to be incorrect I apologise in advance, but I have no reason to doubt the info.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 26 Sep 2018, 21:58

HalesowenHarry wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 08:31
just a note about most of the players at this level (all non-contracted that is). The reason the club doesn't say such and such has left etc is because if they're savvy enough, they'll retain the registration of the player. That way should we need to call on them again, they're still signed for us and can just play at a moments notice. This doesn't include players who leave to go to clubs in the the same league mind. Wouldn't you love to be a secretary!!!! I imagine I've missed a hundred weight of other signing rules as well!
Yes, who'd be a secretary! Oh, yes, he is a volunteer who is on the committee!
Just pointing that out!