Redditch change their manager

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Redditch change their manager

Post by andy » 19 Sep 2018, 15:47

My point would be that we haven't had anything to shout about for probably 18 years but the football under O'Conner, Holleran, Phillips and yes, even Mason was of a better quality and watch than now. Colin cleverly drew the line in the sand at 20 years though as prior to that the football was on a different planet compared to this. Stewart Hall, John Morris, Paddy Page, now they had some teams!

cripcrap
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by cripcrap » 19 Sep 2018, 16:45

and alot more money.

Surely Colin's argument is based on John's effort and commitment.
Based on stats, John would be ahead of four

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 19 Sep 2018, 17:28

andy wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 15:47
My point would be that we haven't had anything to shout about for probably 18 years but the football under O'Conner, Holleran, Phillips and yes, even Mason was of a better quality and watch than now. Colin cleverly drew the line in the sand at 20 years though as prior to that the football was on a different planet compared to this. Stewart Hall, John Morris, Paddy Page, now they had some teams!
I didn't mean my post to convey an opinion, as I haven't seen us with all those managers, so I can't judge as well as the older lot! Where would you rate Hill against those mentioned? I doubt he's the worst, but I doubt he's the best either.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Sep 2018, 19:03

cripcrap wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 16:45
and alot more money.

More money in the 90's agreed.
One thing I would never question is John's commitment. He has dedicated a good number of years of his life to this club now, trawling round for players, giving up probably far of his time than should be expected to try and make us a better team. I think anyone with a right mind would thank him for that.
The crux of the matter is though it is not working and hasn't been for a long time. People simply aren't enjoying it anymore and that HAS to change.
With all the turmoil at various times I don't think any stats against others are relevant really. All I recall is that the standard of football is now way down on previous times.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 19 Sep 2018, 23:42

andy wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 19:03
cripcrap wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 16:45
and alot more money.

More money in the 90's agreed.
One thing I would never question is John's commitment. He has dedicated a good number of years of his life to this club now, trawling round for players, giving up probably far of his time than should be expected to try and make us a better team. I think anyone with a right mind would thank him for that.
The crux of the matter is though it is not working and hasn't been for a long time. People simply aren't enjoying it anymore and that HAS to change.
With all the turmoil at various times I don't think any stats against others are relevant really. All I recall is that the standard of football is now way down on previous times.
Whilst I agree with your opening line, I think that goes for every single non-league manager that has ever worked, that is working and that will ever work. Let's not pretend John is different to the hundreds of non league managers out there, that put so much on the line for no little reward.

It demands respect, of course it does. And it's a job I would never want to do. But it's also a results based job. And we've not had good results for years now.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 21 Sep 2018, 16:22

Oooh super. We'll all be able see how brilliant a man and manager he is on October 9th in the League cup. I can't wait.....

https://www.evostikleaguesouthern.co.uk ... Round-draw

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Sep 2018, 17:36

HalesowenHarry wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 16:22
Oooh super. We'll all be able see how brilliant a man and manager he is on October 9th in the League cup. I can't wait.....

https://www.evostikleaguesouthern.co.uk ... Round-draw
We faced his Bromsgrove side the other pre-season and we were soundly beaten, if I recall.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Oct 2018, 22:28

Redditch beat Rushall tonight to make it two league wins in a row, and of course they dumped us out the cup last Tuesday. He's certainly made a positive impact there. It is, of course, very early days. I'm interested to see how this pans out.