Starting team

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Starting team

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 09 Aug 2018, 16:37

With our game approaching Saturday it would be nice to see everyone’s idea on formation and starting line up. I for one am very optimistic. I have said that for a very long time. But let’s fire away.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Starting team

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 09 Aug 2018, 18:48

We're missing a trick if we don't go 3-5-2 given the two excellent full backs we have at our disposal. I'd go;

Platt

Baker Asa Lewis

Ekongo Goddard Ali Warmer Kelly

Ebanks-Blake Hughes

(subject to fitness and injury).
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 10 Aug 2018, 08:51

The most pleasing thing about this season (I hope!) is the quality of the players who will not be in the starting 11. Personally, I think Haworth or Lawton will start in instead of Warmer.

But, whatever starting 11 John picks, we should have a full bench containing quality in a range of positions - Tonks, Warmer, MacPherson, Bragoli, Gilpin etc.

It’s been quite a few years since I’ve been so excited for a season, on and off the pitch!

Andyrob
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Andyrob » 10 Aug 2018, 11:03

True there seems to be qauilty about the place this term. Its the little partnerships/combinations around the park that will need some working out for me it’s a nice problem to have. Up top will be interesting I would like to see one of the younger guys up there with SEB or Hughes building a partnership, MacPherson perhaps