Fans forum

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Fans forum

Post by andy » 08 Jul 2018, 15:22

I'm going to let others fill in the minutiae, save saying that it was a massive success. We have people running this club who have great passion and all the work done behind the scenes by many people is reaping the rewards. We all know the football side can't be an overnight quick fix but to my mind no stone is being left unturned to turn this once great club back round again. I haven't felt such optimism in many a year. It will still probably take wins to bring the people back but believe me we should ALL be backing this from the start as we will never get another opportunity like this again to have our great club put back on the map.
Colin, Karen, Macca and all involved a big Thank You! ;D

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Fans forum

Post by dalevillain » 08 Jul 2018, 20:31

I couldn’t make the forum this afternoon unfortunately but glad to hear it went well.

It was evident to see from attending yesterday’s friendly that there was a lot more positivity about (apart from the end result) with the news of the takeover and the fans mingling together more, less of the ‘them’ and ‘us’ that seemed to have crept in.

Yes you’re right that things won’t change overnight and maybe we still might have a difference of opinions on other matters on and off the pitch but I think it’s crucial this season that we all get behind the new ownership and support the club regardless of how often we go to games or attend working parties or not - we are all Halesowen fans and we all want the best for the club at the end of the day.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 09 Jul 2018, 13:07

I think it’s crucial this season that we all get behind the new ownership and support the club regardless of how often we go to games or attend working parties or not - we are all Halesowen fans and we all want the best for the club at the end of the day.
That's bang on, I'm hoping this is a fresh start now and we can all pull together off the pitch, rather than pulling in different directions - as we've seen for two or more years, that achieves nothing.

Would anyone who was in attendance mind posting some of the questions asked and answers gave? Was there anything of note to come out of it? I assume it was rather informal and more celebratory with the underlying message that it's not a quick fix, which is perfectly understandable - but it'd be interesting to know what the plans are to get us back on track, what foundations are being laid down for future success? How do we plan on getting fans back down the Grove? Will John Hill have a reasonable playing budget, if so how are the funds being raised? Are we purely reliant on cash flow, or do we have investors (Colin, Karen & Keith) putting their own cash in?

I couldn't attend yesterday as I was at Edgbaston doing my best to avoid the sun, watching us beat Yorkshire!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Yeltz64
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz64 » 09 Jul 2018, 13:57

First of all, completely agree with all Andy said.
Main points,please forgive me if I've left anything out.

Keith stated that there was little to no infrastructure at the moment so as part of improving this there will be the creation of an under 21's side to act as a conduit between youth and first team. Matches to be played Saturday mornings.

Steve Hinks, former assistant to Richard Sneekes at Sutton to head up the academy.

Two new classrooms to be erected alongside the perimeter fencing between the phone mast and cafe. (sponsored by Karen's company)

The bar in the JG to be moved to the back wall making it longer. Greenalls & Fixed wheel to provide the booze. Future development could be to remove/sell the Steve Lynch suite and extend the JG.

Ali is now a contracted player. (the first in many a year) apparently Stourbr*dge have already tried to nick a couple of our players, both of which said no.

I'm sure i heard at one point that John Hill will have an improved budget.

Oh i nearly forgot. Towards the end of the coming season there will be a review of the club badge (Hurrah)

All in all an awful lot of work to be done, but at last we can all be assured the club is in safe hands.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 09 Jul 2018, 14:25

Thanks for this update- would have loved to attended but had to be elsewhere. All sounds incredibly promising.

Great news on putting Ali on a contract, as he looked a very good player towards the end of last season. And a big thumbs up on Fixed Wheel as well!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 09 Jul 2018, 18:38

It would appear also from what Macca said, that the view of the club around the area had sunk very low indeed, totally understandable, and a good reason new investors/sponsors would have been reluctant to team up with us. They have worked hard on this and the profile of the club is very much on the up now. Mapei are still our main sponsor and are very much looking forward to being with us on the start of this new adventure.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 09 Jul 2018, 18:51

As regards the management team Karen did indeed say John will be able to work with an improved budget. This may not please some but a crack of the whip without the constraints of before is fair in my opinion. It may not work but a chance is been given. I would be pleased to see some more Curtis Tilts, Ben 10s, Kristian Greens, and Lee Hughess coming here! Some others less so.... ;D

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 09 Jul 2018, 19:07

andy wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 18:51
As regards the management team Karen did indeed say John will be able to work with an improved budget. This may not please some but a crack of the whip without the constraints of before is fair in my opinion. It may not work but a chance is been given. I would be pleased to see some more Curtis Tilts, Ben 10s, Kristian Greens, and Lee Hughess coming here! Some others less so.... ;D
I understand that point, and it's probably reasonable.

But as I've previously stated, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, is insanity.

I just do not see why we should expect a change in results. Unless the budget is ridiculously more than most in our league. Which I can't see.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 09 Jul 2018, 19:08

andy wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 18:38
It would appear also from what Macca said, that the view of the club around the area had sunk very low indeed, totally understandable, and a good reason new investors/sponsors would have been reluctant to team up with us. They have worked hard on this and the profile of the club is very much on the up now. Mapei are still our main sponsor and are very much looking forward to being with us on the start of this new adventure.
Fantastic to hear. There are some big businesses in Halesowen who make a lot of money, which we'd do well to attract a decent portion of them to sponsor us in someway.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 09 Jul 2018, 19:37

piearce9 wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 14:25
Thanks for this update- would have loved to attended but had to be elsewhere. All sounds incredibly promising.

Great news on putting Ali on a contract, as he looked a very good player towards the end of last season. And a big thumbs up on Fixed Wheel as well!
Stupid question alert - presumably being on contract means that should any club wish to sign him, we'd have to agree a transfer fee?

It's good to see that we're in a position, financially, to offer players we deem good enough a contract. Ali was impressive towards the back end of last year so pleased to see that he's staying for the foreseeable future.