Shaw Lane

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Unihammer01
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Shaw Lane

Post by Unihammer01 » 12 Jun 2018, 10:45

piearce9 wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 20:14
Same old story- guy picks up local team, ploughs his money in to make a name, eventually finds it harder than he first thought, gets bored, gives up, the end.

They’ve announced the changes now. Hednesford into the Northern (that’s who I meant earlier, not Stafford) and the sexy neon lights of Banbury are coming our way. The gap at step 3 is filled by a team that will make the longstanding Yeltz fan shudder. :'(
Apparently, Banbury are planning to appeal the decision

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 12 Jun 2018, 11:17

Unihammer01 wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 10:45
Apparently, Banbury are planning to appeal the decision
From what I can gather, the FA make their decisions and then give clubs the right to appeal.

Clubs appeal, the FA review them and then respond to say that the decision still stands.

Those more ITK than me might be able to point to a time when the FA have reconsidered, but I guess they are on time pressure to get the pyramid agreed, and also if they switch it around again then there'll be another club that's not happy. I think Hednesford are feeling aggrieved at being moved back to the NPL and have pointed to the fact that Coalville and King's Lynn are closer to the North Pole.

I'd be surprised if Banbury aren't happy- I would have thought the Central league would be better on their mileage. Unless of course they're just quaking at the thought of having to play us.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 12 Jun 2018, 11:53

it gets worse
Met police are still not happy and despite a quite withering statement which ends "We will of course go forward into the Southern League to represent ourselves and the League with pride and dignity" (This is the full statement) http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/metropoli ... 14562.html
There is this ominous post today on the Tony Kempster site....

Re: [mick] Met Police
I had an interesting conversation today with a solicitor who handles business for me and who disclosed some interesting facts that his London office is under instructions from a client possibly {and this is my guess because it is London], a capital based club, ?? Met Police.

Apparently this club has issued instructions to obtain a Court Injunction against the FA and two leagues [one they are in and one they want to be in]. I also understand that the injunction includes stopping any clubs in those leagues from playing [presumably league games] until the Court decides whether the FA decision and its appeal are legally binding, if so can be decided by an independent tribunal.

Let the fun begin ::) at least we are not in the two leagues in question ;)

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 12 Jun 2018, 18:35

It's a pity that the Met can't bring their powers to bear on the criminal element rather than this charade!

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 12 Jun 2018, 22:47

lutleyyeltz wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 18:35
It's a pity that the Met can't bring their powers to bear on the criminal element rather than this charade!
A most valid point, Brother Lutters. A downright disgrace, I say.

All this nonsense over a bloody works team ;)