Ownership

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ownership

Post by andy » 08 Jun 2018, 11:05

lutleyyeltz wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 10:18
I wouldn't be able to get to the top of The Shed at my age. Can I just stand in Old Hawne Lane, please?
Lutters, you've got more energy than I have. No slacking at the back! ;D

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Jun 2018, 11:25

YeltzDoc wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 10:35
lutleyyeltz wrote:
I wouldn't be able to get to the top of The Shed at my age. Can I just stand in Old Hawne Lane, please?
Nobody is left behind Lutters!
Gosh, thanks Doc - nice to know that "care in the community" is alive and well!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 08 Jun 2018, 13:05

andy wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 11:03
Personally I cannot see what Lynch thinks he's going to get out of this. Wanting more money for the phone mast is just going to delay him getting what he has already been offered. If anybody else came in they would tell him to go f*ck him self asking for any more. The chances of anybody else even bothering to buy this club are less than zero and he knows it. Play him at his stupid game Karen until he gives up because if he ever tried to return or involve others we fans will scupper it in any way we can. He would have a club with no income. This is just beyond a joke.
Spot on.

There's an argument in my head, to let the club go bust so Lynch gets nothing, and Karen / Colin use their money to set up a Phoenix club.

I know that's the last thing we all want but why should Lynch hold good people to ransom?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Jun 2018, 14:34

Just gotta keep hoping on the ownership side of things, I'm afraid. Karen was pretty clear in saying that Steve's valuation of the club was nowhere near the actual value, but if Steve feels possession of the club is better than the cash (for whatever reason), then we might be kept waiting longer still.

I do now think this is having a knock-on effect on the new season's preparations. I know that registration isn't possible yet, but loads of clubs are announcing new acquisitions- many of which are quite impressive for this level. John will have a hard enough job convincing people to join the club right now, but if there's uncertainty over the budget, then who knows what the line up on the first game will be. We might even struggle to have 11 players at this rate ???

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 08 Jun 2018, 14:49

We should be a little careful with some of the rhetoric.

It’s Lynch asset and he can sell it to whom he wants and for whatever he thinks it’s worth.

There is a moral argument that it’s a community asset and it should be sold to those who have the best intentions for it, but there’s no commercial or legal compunction to do so.

Speculative talk of “ransom”, other bidders and the phone mast are just that at this stage, although the same subjects do keep cropping up.

The Trust discussed lots of alternatives when we were last in the schtuck and AFC HTFC was always on the table. However, this wasn’t popular with a large section of the membership as it’s a massive risk - would we get the “Golden Share” that allows us to be sort of the same club, would it get sold anyway and we end up with 2 HTFCs, will people feel that it’s still “their” Halesowen Town with all the associations with our past etc etc.

I was probably in favour of proposing the “scuttle it and start again” route then, but we never quite got to the nuclear option before Lynch came in and bought it.

Bumsgrove and Hereford have had a great run with this, but others have ended up in a right mess - without being arsed to look it up, I think Northwich ended up with two sides? And a few AFCs were set up post AFC United of Manchester and ended up as odd orphans - AFC Liverpool?

Anyhoo, it didn’t happen then and I don’t know if it’s really on the table now, and imo we’re in a weaker position to do it without the fans being unified in an accountable and democratic way as we were then, but I would say that wouldn’t I.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 09 Jun 2018, 07:48

YeltzDoc wrote:
lutleyyeltz wrote:
Are those the new hostility boxes at the Hawne Lane end?

Bloody hell! The Friends of the Grove team have been busy :)

They deserve a George for their efforts O0

gormley-statue-sainsbury-centre-visual-arts.jpg

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 09 Jun 2018, 12:08

Westyeltz wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 07:48
YeltzDoc wrote:
lutleyyeltz wrote:

....and the box syndrome returns. ;D

htfc33
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by htfc33 » 09 Jun 2018, 12:52

YeltzDoc wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 14:49
We should be a little careful with some of the rhetoric.

It’s Lynch asset and he can sell it to whom he wants and for whatever he thinks it’s worth.

There is a moral argument that it’s a community asset and it should be sold to those who have the best intentions for it, but there’s no commercial or legal compunction to do so.

Speculative talk of “ransom”, other bidders and the phone mast are just that at this stage, although the same subjects do keep cropping up.
Some very good points made here, although they're not exactly what we all want to here, they are facts.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 10 Jun 2018, 10:31

htfc33 wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 12:52
Some very good points made here, although they're not exactly what we all want to here, they are facts.
Thanks 33, sympathy for the devil and all that. But let’s not forget the much more pertinent point made in the other post -
YeltzDoc wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 09:54
The supporters are, rightly, 100% behind Karen and Keith.
As the only customers (I f’ing hate calling us that) of the club, we’re as strong a pressure group as there is.
If we all want Karen, and we all want Lynch to, “do what’s right” then we should be shouting from the top of The Shed, not keeping quiet until the “businessmen” (q.v. earlier rant) have decided the future of our club.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 10 Jun 2018, 10:47

andy wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 12:08
Westyeltz wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 07:48
YeltzDoc wrote:

....and the box syndrome returns. ;D
Energy (?) I might have - technological expertise NO!😯