I'll be happy to get to pre season #carefulwhatyouwishfor

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by YeltzDoc » 27 May 2018, 18:50

HalesowenHarry wrote:
26 May 2018, 19:31
I'll be happy to get to pre season #carefulwhatyouwishfor
Yep. Until this is sorted, however the deckchairs are arranged, the ship’s still sinking...

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 27 May 2018, 19:01

And the band plays on

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Ownership

Post by andy » 28 May 2018, 19:52

Must admit I'm getting worried too. I thought it was just a few loose ends ages ago. I'm sure the new owners will get it sorted but it would be good to know the current situation.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 May 2018, 20:50

Quite possibly Josh. The real issue though at the moment is not who we play in friendlies. I just don't know what should or should not be said for the good of the club at the moment but it ain't great. I thought it would only be a matter of time before loose ends were tied up but it could go on forever. Would be good for all to know where it stands at the moment but that's up to Karen to decide if that's in the best interests of the club. I only hope and trust that she can sort it.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 May 2018, 21:13

You're quite right. As a fan I'd like to know what's going on, what the hold up is and what date can we expect things to happen.

But I fully appreciate that info may not be appropriate to make public. All I know is, that the Brookes' will do all they can to make this happen. I hope they get it sorted sooner rather than later.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Spooky
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Spooky » 28 May 2018, 22:28

What we don't know is whether Lynch has actually accepted the offer? Yes he asked for a figure and said he'd sell but that offer has been in place for a while now.

What if he says No? Karen can't force him to sell can she?

Wish Lynch would grow a pair and do the right thing for the club. I fear his true colours are now on show and they are not for the faint hearted >:(

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 29 May 2018, 10:26

I do a lot of contracts with work, and without knowing anything, it’s a reasonable guess that either he’s asking for additions to the contract and the deal, or Karen is struggling from her side.
Either way, not great.

My biggest concern is that Lynch has already been implicated and sanctioned regarding one club that has since folded and this path is heading in the same direction.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Re: Ownership

Post by Noggin » 29 May 2018, 11:27

From where I'm looking the value of the football club is about a pint plus a packet of pork scratchings for added measure. Probably the most valuable part is the mobile phone mast contract.

But for every sale there has to be a willing seller and a willing buyer. We know there was a willing buyer...

Mr Lynch is now half way through his two year ban from the game for corrupt practices. Who is to say that he does not intend to let peple keep the boat afloat for the remaining year and then return to the fray?

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ownership

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 30 May 2018, 07:13

I do have sympathy for those currently overseeing things at the club. They probably don't know the ins and outs and as such can't make official comment.

But I do think it would be courteous to inform fans as to what is going on, purely on the basis that a lot of folk may have or may plan on purchasing season tickets on the basis of the positive news of Karen Brookes buying Lynch out.

If I bought a season ticket on this basis and it doesn't happen due to Lynch messing Karen around, I would feel miss-led somewhat.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz