Pre-season friendlies

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Spooky
Yeltz Forum Member

Pre-season friendlies

Post by Spooky » 26 May 2018, 18:21

I've just read a twitter post asking for pre-season friendlies.

And I was hoping for better quality this year not the Dog and Duck pub team.

Can't quite believe it.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 May 2018, 19:12

It all feels like a rudderless ship doesn't it?

Shambles.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Spooky
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Spooky » 26 May 2018, 19:30

After last season's poor performances you would have hoped the management would want a quality pre-season to start the league games on a better footing.

Obviously not, they are doing same things that have failed them year on year. They seem incapable of learning anything from last season dire showing.

Shambles is a good description >:(

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 May 2018, 13:34

Has any club responded? Just over a month to go until pre-season, and we don't have any serious opposition to judge new players against and we have no idea what's going on with the pending takeover.

It's doesn't bode well. Hopefully the takeover gets sorted soon and then hopefully things will fall into place.

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 27 May 2018, 16:56

Having to advertise for friendlies just confirms to me how low we have sunk. The end of the season was the ideal time to change the management and move ahead with our new owners. I will not be renewing my season ticket until Hill has gone. Keeping Bragoli just about sums it up for me !

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 28 May 2018, 17:17

Should we get there -

Our July Pre season friendlies:

Tue 10th Sutton Coldfield away
Tue.17th Romulus away
Sat 21st Aberystwyth away
Tue 24th Sporting Khalsa away
Sat 28th Telford home
Tue 31st Bromsgrove home

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 May 2018, 19:23

Quality opposition, then! At least we have some fixtures sorted now.

Any news on the takeover? It's all gone worryingly quiet. I understand there's all sorts of legal loose ends to tie up but I'd have hoped things would be sorted by now.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 May 2018, 20:01

As regards the friendlies I just don't bother anymore. We've had no decent ones for years. From what I'm led to believe for a big side to send a 1st team said they charge a massive amount of money. If we only play their kids it's hardly worth it as a spectacle is it?

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 May 2018, 20:08

andy wrote:
28 May 2018, 20:01
As regards the friendlies I just don't bother anymore. We've had no decent ones for years. From what I'm led to believe for a big side to send a 1st team said they charge a massive amount of money. If we only play their kids it's hardly worth it as a spectacle is it?
I think it was Walsall who demanded a ridiculously high insurance price or something - ask Guesty. For that reason I understand why we can't get professional sides as perhaps it isn't financially viable but I'm disappointed that we have arranged to play poor sides again.

I take friendlies with a pinch of salt but I always fear that players miss-lead management by looking great against sides like (no disrespect) Tipton or Sporting Wolves but then they're out of their depth come August against league opposition. That's certainly been the case for the past three seasons. Pearson and Charles, anyone?

I also realise it's a two way thing. The other club has to want to play us. Maybe most clubs worth playing against simply don't see us as a challenge worth arranging?

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 29 May 2018, 10:42

I've split this topic off - we'd drifted a bit and the other topic, now under Ownership, seems worthy of it own thread.