Re: 2018/19 squad.

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 30 Jul 2018, 13:42

RobYeltz wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 10:30
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:18
RobYeltz wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 16:22
The midfield in particular looks very decent from what I saw yesterday, pleasingly they all have different attributes as midfielders. If you consider that we'll probably start with Ebanks-Blake and Hughes, four from this lot probably won't start. Great options to have!

Goddard
Ali
Lawton
Bragoli
Warmer
Rea
Gilpin
Howarth
Just three if you go 352. Admittedly that may be difficult given the lack of CB' s we have. But it's certainly an option to consider when you've got two excellent full backs in Kelly and Enok. Could see a back three of Lewis, Asa and Baker?
If we go 3-5-2 then five of them won't start as Enock and Kelly will surely be the wing back options? Irrespective, we have good options - but I wouldn't rule out Tonks either from one of the full back positions.
That's what I mean! I'm a fan of 3-5-2 and when you've got two excellent full backs, as well as a third full back in Tonks who looks more than useful, it'd be a shame not to use that as a strength, which a 3-5-2 would utilise.

Some of the balls Kelly in particular was whipping in on Sat were simply brilliant and crying out to be attacked. It would be a shame if our full backs weren't allowed to attack and get into the final third. It would be even more of a shame of they were shoehorned in the side out of position such as CB, as Ekongo has briefly played in pre-season.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz