Working Party - helpers required

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Working Party - helpers required

Post by RobYeltz » 04 May 2018, 18:25

The season may be over on the pitch but the work continues to improve The Grove. The ground has had many improvements over the last few summers and the help of numerous people have played a big part in that. If you can spare a couple of hours over the weekend (or forthcoming weekends) and/or the occasional evenings that would be great. You don't need to have a particular skillset there are plenty of jobs that can be done, often its a case of just needing an extra pair of hands. All help appreciated.

The first working party will be tomorrow from 9am. Hope to see a few faces there.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Working Party - helpers required

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 May 2018, 09:04

Just gone past - looked a fair few in the Grove already. Which is great.

What plans are there for this year?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 05 May 2018, 16:37

Plenty.

The main work when it is dry will be replacing the perimeter fencing, this will hopefully save the club a fair amount of money. There are lots of rainy day jobs also, including work to improve/freshen up the changing rooms and a bit of work in the bar. I think Karen mentioned the roof may be replaced on the toilet block/clubshop - we've managed to patch this up over the last few years to make it last but it needs replacing. Obviously some work will be completed by volunteers where possible to save the club money but other jobs will be completed by contractors. The pitch will naturally undertake further improvements, and volunteers will support this work where appropriate. I think it's worth noting that almost 100 games have taken place on the pitch this season and we've not had one Yeltz game called off due to it being waterlogged, from memory - I think the only game lost was when we had a dumping of snow on the same weekend that both Villa and Wolves also got called off.

As ever, we ask also Yeltz folk to help out if they can spare an hour or two.

We've managed to get quite a lot done this morning on a hot sweltering morning/afternoon - thanks to those who helped
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 May 2018, 23:11

Would more than happy lend a hand, as I have done previously.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz