Dutchreferee
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Dutch Ref

Post by Dutchreferee » 29 Mar 2020, 21:35

old git wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 20:29
andy wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 18:40
Those three posts are certainly concise! Probably the longest answer ever on here! Interesting though I have to say. The trouble will always remain though that these cheaper artificial surfaces are still light years away from the 'semi' artificial pitches used at the highest levels, so the football that can be played on them will always be dire to watch.
The only thought worse than Covid for me at the moment is the realisation that I will have to endure another game at Bedworth with the ball bouncing high enough to hit planes and skidding off the pitch at the speed of an exorcet missile ::)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Is this the only artificial pitch in this league ? Or should I say was this the only match ?

Dutchreferee
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dutchreferee » 29 Mar 2020, 21:47

What may also play a part is that in the Netherlands we have many more artificial grass fields at almost every football club or to train on, but also competition fields, I mean to say that our youth has grown up with this in the last 15 to 20 years and likes to play football on this, they don't know better that they can train every week and play their game regardless of the state of the field. It has many advantages: you keep them off the street and you keep them fit.
  And at some point they are used to the changes of the fields, then artificial grass and then grass fields. I therefore think that the level of youth has greatly improved in recent years. Also think that you should not look back because we used to play on grass but let the youth play football where they want and on what surface they want. They have the future and we must try to keep drawing the youth to play football. They don't care as much on which surface they can play football as they can play football ....

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Mar 2020, 21:56

Dutchreferee wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 21:35
old git wrote:
andy wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 18:40
Those three posts are certainly concise! Probably the longest answer ever on here! Interesting though I have to say. The trouble will always remain though that these cheaper artificial surfaces are still light years away from the 'semi' artificial pitches used at the highest levels, so the football that can be played on them will always be dire to watch.

The only thought worse than Covid for me at the moment is the realisation that I will have to endure another game at Bedworth with the ball bouncing high enough to hit planes and skidding off the pitch at the speed of an exorcet missile ::)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Is this the only artificial pitch in this league ? Or should I say was this the only match ?

No, Yaxley also had one. I think there was another one as well?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Mar 2020, 22:01

Dutchreferee wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 21:47
What may also play a part is that in the Netherlands we have many more artificial grass fields at almost every football club or to train on, but also competition fields, I mean to say that our youth has grown up with this in the last 15 to 20 years and likes to play football on this, they don't know better that they can train every week and play their game regardless of the state of the field. It has many advantages: you keep them off the street and you keep them fit.
  And at some point they are used to the changes of the fields, then artificial grass and then grass fields. I therefore think that the level of youth has greatly improved in recent years. Also think that you should not look back because we used to play on grass but let the youth play football where they want and on what surface they want. They have the future and we must try to keep drawing the youth to play football. They don't care as much on which surface they can play football as they can play football ....
Definitely as community pitches for everybody to have an opportunity to play football. For me though, they should not be used as competitive venues because the ball simply does not play true. Maybe if the players had never played on any other surface then they would have adapted to it but I can't ever remember watching a game I have enjoyed on it.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 29 Mar 2020, 22:26

andy wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 21:56
Dutchreferee wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 21:35
old git wrote:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Daventry.

No, Yaxley also had one. I think there was another one as well?

Dutchreferee
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dutchreferee » 29 Mar 2020, 23:33

I have to come back soon to have a few pints with you in the JG Lounge to talk about artificial turf fields and other things..................... ;)

Magnus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Magnus » 30 Mar 2020, 11:39

Coleshill?

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 30 Mar 2020, 13:08

Magnus wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 11:39
Coleshill?
Damn ...got Daventry in my mind but you are of course correct ...this isolation is getting to me ;D

Dutchreferee
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dutchreferee » 30 Mar 2020, 17:24

old git wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 13:08
Magnus wrote:
Coleshill?
Damn ...got Daventry in my mind but you are of course correct ...this isolation is getting to me ;D
Are you sure it is just the isolation ? ::)

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 30 Mar 2020, 17:41

Dutchreferee wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 17:24
old git wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 13:08
Magnus wrote:
Coleshill?
Are you sure it is just the isolation ? ::)
;D