New investor

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

New investor

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 24 Feb 2018, 18:46

Spoke to a couple of mates (I do have friends!) he assured them ‘things would change’.

Whilst I suspect that was a general comment about the running of the club, I know what I hope it meant...

Hopefully this is the start of a more positive Yeltz where we are no longer run by people with hidden agendas that run us into the ground.

It all feels positive at the moment. Long may that continue.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Capinjazz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: New investor

Post by Capinjazz » 25 Feb 2018, 17:12

I for one second that. Finally it seems that although difficult times clearly lie ahead in football terms it is a huge relief that we may be able to focus purely on what is on the pitch, not off it.

There is a lot of work to be done and still a lot of fans to win back but having people with the club at heart in charge is huge step forward to becoming a successful and financially stable club again.

fodders
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fodders » 25 Feb 2018, 20:17

I agree, there is, and should be renewed optimism at the club. I know the Lynch era isn't ending in glory, but let's not forget he took us from the brink of disaster last time we faced it.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Feb 2018, 21:35

fodders wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 20:17
I agree, there is, and should be renewed optimism at the club. I know the Lynch era isn't ending in glory, but let's not forget he took us from the brink of disaster last time we faced it.
Fair comment. Off the field though now the only way to look is forward. We have a great opportunity to make new history for this club now with the off the pitch developments. Hopefully that will transfer to the pitch where the real memories are made. We have not had many in the last 20 years to shout about. Some, but not many. Here's to new era.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 26 Feb 2018, 11:24

..... and so say all of us!👍

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

New investor - Keith McKenna

Post by DJ » 28 Feb 2018, 14:00

Keith McKenna made 5 first team appearances for the Yeltz in 1993, scoring his one and only goal on his debut in the 4-1 victory over Crawley Town (H) in the final game of the season on 1st May 1993. Keith wore the no.9 shirt in that game and his goal came with a 56th minute header from Ian Brown’s cross. McKenna made 4 further appearances in the no.8 shirt at the start of the subsequent 1993-4 season at Solihull Borough (A), Sittingbourne (A), Gloucester (H) and Telford (A, FA Cup), although he was also named as a sub against Hastings (A) on 13th November 1994.

Here’s the match report for his debut goal game, almost 25 years ago, on 1st May 1993:
Keith_McKenna_1_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 01 Mar 2018, 07:06

Malcolm, Paul, Andy Bradley, Ian Brown, Tony Rowe.
Not a bad side even though Malcolm and Paul would have been about 40...