Time for change of Manager?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
stevelynch
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Time for change of Manager?

Post by stevelynch » 11 Jan 2012, 18:12

Simons wrote:Still doesn't alter the fact it is 9 defeats in 13 matches, a poor return by anyones standards. I agree that if you go into a match without your top 3 scorers as at Cinderford then you will struggle, but why were we only able to field 3 subs, one of which was a goalkeeper, and 2 others from the Youth Team, when we apparently have over 20 outfield players listed on the squad page.
Well maybe I should ask Houdini to help out who can magic people to appear at the club with no notice on a bank holiday! Fair play to the youth lads who came straight from training to the game! If I said to my staff a few days before you wont be working on the bank holiday Monday and then ring them up at 10 am and say I need you now I know what they would tell me!

uncle jack and coke
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by uncle jack and coke » 11 Jan 2012, 18:51

stevelynch wrote:
Simons wrote:Still doesn't alter the fact it is 9 defeats in 13 matches, a poor return by anyones standards. I agree that if you go into a match without your top 3 scorers as at Cinderford then you will struggle, but why were we only able to field 3 subs, one of which was a goalkeeper, and 2 others from the Youth Team, when we apparently have over 20 outfield players listed on the squad page.
Well maybe I should ask Houdini to help out who can magic people to appear at the club with no notice on a bank holiday! Fair play to the youth lads who came straight from training to the game! If I said to my staff a few days before you wont be working on the bank holiday Monday and then ring them up at 10 am and say I need you now I know what they would tell me!
Any business manager worth their salt will realise that some staff in any business just won't turn up on a Bank Holiday, in which case they rota more people in than is necessary. Surely the whole squad should have been to told to turn up.

stevelynch
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by stevelynch » 11 Jan 2012, 18:58

uncle jack and coke wrote:
stevelynch wrote:
Any business manager worth their salt will realise that some staff in any business just won't turn up on a Bank Holiday, in which case they rota more people in than is necessary. Surely the whole squad should have been to told to turn up.
So your plan would be to get all the players to come in for the game and how would you plan to do this if it makes you over budget?????
Any business manager worth there salt also knows how to balance books.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Jan 2012, 19:06

I feel questioning Steves input into this is overstepping the mark. Without him it was s**t creek, no paddle.

stevelynch
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by stevelynch » 11 Jan 2012, 19:11

andy wrote:I feel questioning Steves input into this is overstepping the mark. Without him it was s**t creek, no paddle.
Nobody is overstepping the mark Andy I am quite happy to answer questions!
If people are paying good money to watch then they are more than entitled to complain if they are not happy