Time for change of Manager?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Time for change of Manager?

Post by gingeryeltz » 17 Nov 2011, 18:49

Yes thanks for everything Steve - where would we be without you? - probably up Merry Hell!
Andy and Changes are completely correct in their comments.
Fans like 'JohnC' should stick with their team through thick and thin - when are they going to learn?

stevelynch
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by stevelynch » 17 Nov 2011, 19:09

watsisnerm wrote:shaun.. now would be the time to ask steve for a bigger budget!
Can we cut out the foul and abusive messages! ;D ;D ;D ;D

munchkin3
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by munchkin3 » 17 Nov 2011, 19:12

im sure a few wouldnt manage playing in the mid alliance but the majority are good players , why do people have to put them down so much with such comments , i know we are all entitled to our opinions but some comments are not nice at all , tell me which players wouldnt even make the mid alliance , and which players are doing ok plz >:(

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 17 Nov 2011, 19:15

In defence of John C ,he attends virtually all games and is a long established traveller to away games.
The idea that criticising the team's performance is regarded, to quote Yeltzdan,as heresy is a fallacy. What we see on the pitch is open for discussion - isn't it? That's what this forum is about, unless I'm mistaken.
Comments that are made regarding the team are not a slur on the owner, just discussion about the standard of play that is being displayed at present.

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 17 Nov 2011, 19:40

Short memories, some people.
What this football club needs is a period of stability, people on board helping out, community relations repaired, local business brought back on board...... I could go on.
Steve was upfront from the start, this season (and probably next) will be a season of consolidation with all the off field issues to be sorted out, supporters shouldn't need reminding of how far this club had fallen or how close it came to being extinct. It only exists in its current form due to the work done behind closed doors by the Trust and then the intervention of Steve Lynch. The formation of an alternative club by the Trust was a reality and had it not been for an extremely late phone call to myself from Steve the night before a Trust meeting, that is exactly what would have happened.

Steve (& Shaun) need the backing of the fans AND PEOPLE OFFERING PRACTICAL HELP as without them we would be watching Halesowen United in the Midland Combination this season (or wherever the powers that be placed us) .

Yes, some of the football has been poor and I moan about it as much as anyone, but at least it is football we are talking about rather than the latest unpaid bill, the manager lamping (allegedly) the striker, the Passion Bus, late arrivals at away games, 125 player registrations in a season, inability to field 11 players etc etc. We had some good players over the past 3 or 4 years, we reached the play off final, we overturned a 10 point penalty to almost reach the play offs WE COULDN'T AFFORD IT!

The only model that will secure the LONG term future of Halesowen Town FC is a self sufficient, well run club with financial input from local business, this is how it would have been under the Trust, it is how it must be now, when the community see that is what is happening they will slowly come back on board, it will take time, it will try our patience but it is OUR football club.

The Trust needs your support so that it can fulfill the role of working alongside the club in developing community links, the club needs your support now more than ever.

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 17 Nov 2011, 19:41

lutleyyeltz wrote:In defence of John C ,he attends virtually all games and is a long established traveller to away games.
Fair play to him then Lutley - is JohnC the tall bloke who attends with his tall son and apparently has not missed a match for 18years?

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 17 Nov 2011, 19:48

stevelynch wrote:
watsisnerm wrote:shaun.. now would be the time to ask steve for a bigger budget!
Can we cut out the foul and abusive messages! ;D ;D ;D ;D
well he`ll have no chance when they`ve lost all their euro matches..

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 17 Nov 2011, 20:47

Thank you Steve for your honest reply.

I was not questioning the budget, what you or the volunteers have done thus far.
I do not know about board room or dressing rooms as i frequent neither.

The question was as to the tactics (or lack) a lot (other than changes) have seen over the last few matches.
The choice of who to play, start with and bring on despite the failings.

It was good to see at Bishops Cleeve an immense away following (missed changes) considering recent results.
Also good to see a different line up and a new player.

Ginger you are 24 carrot and Changes in the word of the song "when will we see you again?".

My start to the thread does not criticize Steve, the players or the volunteers who have worked hard on the Grove.

See you all at the next match.

changesnightspot
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by changesnightspot » 17 Nov 2011, 21:42

I will be at next home game, i was at redditch game due to my work I can only make a few games

Richard C
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Richard C » 17 Nov 2011, 22:07

Sorry John C but I strongly disagree with you - I would only rate Gingeryeltz as 18 carrots at the very most!