Time for change of Manager?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Time for change of Manager?

Post by JohnC » 14 Nov 2011, 18:02

Surely now is the time to change our manager?

It has not worked, does not look like it will.

Who decides Chairman, owner or both?

Yeltz7
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Time for change of Manager?

Post by Yeltz7 » 14 Nov 2011, 19:28

only a matter of time i reckon before the manager goes....i said in the summer should bring Matt clarke back...but i reckon our next new manager will be John snape

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 14 Nov 2011, 21:18

Yeltz7 wrote:only a matter of time i reckon before the manager goes....i said in the summer should bring Matt clarke back...but i reckon our next new manager will be John snape
As I've asked elsewhere on this forum about such financial matters. Where's the budget coming from to fund a Clarkie or Snapper appointment. Does anyone honestly believe in the right mind that someone like Clarkie is going to come and manage HTFC on a budget approx a grand a week when previously he had one of £3 - £4k a week under the GIs? Of course, he'll do it for the love of the club, not the money.........

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 14 Nov 2011, 21:26

I again completely agree with you HalesowenHarry! Think we would get on very well :D

stevelynch
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by stevelynch » 15 Nov 2011, 00:55

In answer to the title of this post the answer is no.
A few facts!
The playing budget £800 which is probably the lowest in the league.
Several players have been offered more money to go elsewhere but have stuck with us on low money.
As much as I also hate this league were in I did say we may be here for more than a season.
There is still a lot of money to be spent in the next 12 months on the pitch, the changing room heating and showers are about f*"ked the boiler in the sponsors room f"*k also
plus we are heading into the winter so the floodlights will be on more so bigger bills.
The clubs income apart from the gate and the cafe is next to nil!
Shaun has been trying to bring players in but when they hear what the pay is they decline!
It is a catch 22 really we want more people to come so we can increase income but if were not winning they wont come!

YeltzRob
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzRob » 15 Nov 2011, 13:02

Steve, thanks for all you are doing at the club and the budget information is really interesting, it tells us fans exactly where we are. The only disappointment from the post is that the owner of the club chose to use some less than profession words on an open forum. Although looking at the time of the post, maybe you'd had a couple of shandys. ;) All the best and gee the lads up

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 15 Nov 2011, 15:53

YeltzRob wrote:Steve, thanks for all you are doing at the club and the budget information is really interesting, it tells us fans exactly where we are. The only disappointment from the post is that the owner of the club chose to use some less than profession words on an open forum. Although looking at the time of the post, maybe you'd had a couple of shandys. ;) All the best and gee the lads up
He's just already getting excited before his celebrations tonight in Dublin, there'll be a few shandys there .....

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 15 Nov 2011, 16:20

looking around the ground end of last season (proper looking around, changing rooms, loos, paint work, leaky press box etc., not just the `impression` you get during matches) it was obvious that even before the last few horror years not much had been spent on the upkeep of the ground (we were all quite happy having a reasonable team to watch to notice) us volunteers usually had a few buckets of white-wash and a few spades to scrape the weeds (they grew back before you got all the way round the ground!) so scarey to think the trust/supporters may have had to take over the running, (running was going to hard enough let alone doing the ground up) the main thought looking around was one of shame, shame that other supporters were seeing our flaking paint, roped off area behind goal, weeds, crumbling terracing and the players image of the changing room and showers.
so steve bought the club and he had make the choices we would have had to make , `we can afford to throw X amount of money in, what percentage ground V team`
a lot of money has been spent, paint (done properly.. undercoat and gloss, just ask Dave!) new doors, pitch work, repairing vandal damage etc but there`s still a lot thats needs to be done (see steves post) it does give a good image to visiting supporters now though (if any team ever bring any that is)
the trouble is all though the ground gets shabby over several years the damage done to our reputation over the last few years makes it hard to raise income from sponsors etc. (another catch 22 is, of course, a bigger player budget could have meant FA cup wins/monies and lead to a bigger player budget!)
we need to start bringing in outside money and i`m sure as we do steve will invest that into the club.
(i can`t finish without being flippent, this is the longest i`ve been serious!.. floodlights on more ?.. why, the players can`t see a pass anyway)

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 15 Nov 2011, 16:21

Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:
YeltzRob wrote:Steve, thanks for all you are doing at the club and the budget information is really interesting, it tells us fans exactly where we are. The only disappointment from the post is that the owner of the club chose to use some less than profession words on an open forum. Although looking at the time of the post, maybe you'd had a couple of shandys. ;) All the best and gee the lads up
He's just already getting excited before his celebrations tonight in Dublin, there'll be a few shandys there .....
why?... you think a team can`t give away a 4 goal lead?!

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 15 Nov 2011, 16:50

watsisnerm wrote:
Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:
why?... you think a team can`t give away a 4 goal lead?!
:)