Time for change of Manager?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Time for change of Manager?

Post by YeltzDoc » 18 Nov 2011, 00:34

gingeryeltz wrote:
lutleyyeltz wrote:In defence of John C ,he attends virtually all games and is a long established traveller to away games.
Fair play to him then Lutley - is JohnC the tall bloke who attends with his tall son and apparently has not missed a match for 18years?
Nope. That's Roger and Dave, with more than able support from Andy A.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 18 Nov 2011, 07:46

John C - man of mystery! ::)

Richard C
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Richard C » 18 Nov 2011, 09:04

Isn't John C that slightly odd looking chap who normally stands between two extremely good looking fellas?

Capinjazz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Capinjazz » 18 Nov 2011, 11:17

We need our commercial manager to pull he's socks up i reckon!

;)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Nov 2011, 16:16

YeltzDoc wrote:
gingeryeltz wrote:
lutleyyeltz wrote:In defence of John C ,he attends virtually all games and is a long established traveller to away games.
Fair play to him then Lutley - is JohnC the tall bloke who attends with his tall son and apparently has not missed a match for 18years?
Nope. That's Roger and Dave, with more than able support from Andy A.
Mentioning the mighty twosome, i make it now NINETEEN years since they missed a match!!!!!!
I still remember it well. The 10th November 1992, a cold night at Atherstone. If memory serves me correct it was a BSC tie and they didn't even miss a goal, it finished 0-0.
The last goal they missed was in April that year on a thursday night at Dover, a 1-1 draw and Adam Patrick scored for us. Not sure why they missed that one, it was only a 400+ round trip and i was back well before 2am ::) . Bloody part timers. ;D

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 18 Nov 2011, 17:09

Richard C wrote:Isn't John C that slightly odd looking chap who normally stands between two extremely good looking fellas?
I thought I knew who John is well enough, it's the description of his mates that's thrown me completely. Wouldn't recogniose any of them from that description. :D

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 18 Nov 2011, 19:12

Andy - Roger told me that the last game he missed was due to the fact he was in hospital. Must have been all that standing around in the cold.

Mind you it has served him well I think I might have to take up smoking cigars too!

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 10 Jan 2012, 23:32

stevelynch wrote:In answer to the title of this post the answer is no.
A few facts!
The playing budget £800 which is probably the lowest in the league.
Several players have been offered more money to go elsewhere but have stuck with us on low money.
As much as I also hate this league were in I did say we may be here for more than a season.
There is still a lot of money to be spent in the next 12 months on the pitch, the changing room heating and showers are about f*"ked the boiler in the sponsors room f"*k also
plus we are heading into the winter so the floodlights will be on more so bigger bills.
The clubs income apart from the gate and the cafe is next to nil!
Shaun has been trying to bring players in but when they hear what the pay is they decline!
It is a catch 22 really we want more people to come so we can increase income but if were not winning they wont come!
Last line is now the fact.

We can have the best stadium and pitch in the league but fewer fans = lower income.

stevelynch
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by stevelynch » 11 Jan 2012, 00:31

JohnC wrote:
stevelynch wrote:In answer to the title of this post the answer is no.
A few facts!
The playing budget £800 which is probably the lowest in the league.
Several players have been offered more money to go elsewhere but have stuck with us on low money.
As much as I also hate this league were in I did say we may be here for more than a season.
There is still a lot of money to be spent in the next 12 months on the pitch, the changing room heating and showers are about f*"ked the boiler in the sponsors room f"*k also
plus we are heading into the winter so the floodlights will be on more so bigger bills.
The clubs income apart from the gate and the cafe is next to nil!
Shaun has been trying to bring players in but when they hear what the pay is they decline!
It is a catch 22 really we want more people to come so we can increase income but if were not winning they wont come!
Last line is now the fact.

We can have the best stadium and pitch in the league but fewer fans = lower income.
John you have brought me into this so it only fair I reply.
I have every faith in Shaun so he wont be going anywhere that may upset a few of you but equally will please a few also.
I have read all the posts over the last few days and take on board all the points good and bad, even happy to listen on match days I am normally but the corner flag near the cafe.
Yes Saturday was bad but over the last few games for example against mangos if we had taken the numerous chances it would of been a good win but we didnt and they took theres. Away to Cinderford good first half performance with 3 main players missing then we loose another main player at half time and they take advantage.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 11 Jan 2012, 16:21

Still doesn't alter the fact it is 9 defeats in 13 matches, a poor return by anyones standards. I agree that if you go into a match without your top 3 scorers as at Cinderford then you will struggle, but why were we only able to field 3 subs, one of which was a goalkeeper, and 2 others from the Youth Team, when we apparently have over 20 outfield players listed on the squad page.