Follow Your Instinct fanzine

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
The Reasonable Man
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Follow Your Instinct fanzine

Post by The Reasonable Man » 13 Apr 2017, 14:01

I'll add my appreciation for Poll putting these on line. I am suddenly transported back 25 years to more innocent times...

Some of the barbs aimed at us (which were, of course, reciprocated at the time, but from the moral lowground, as it were...) ring a little hollow nowadays, but at the same time serve as a reminder to us all that if the wheel can turn, then it can (and inevitably will) do so again one day.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 13 Apr 2017, 14:11

Westyeltz wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 12:33
Wheels wrote:
12 Apr 2017, 15:06
Gresley I have an important life or death question about it were those ladies there selling raffle tickets back in the day?
I don't live too far from Gresley Chris. If you send me your ticket I'll collect your prize for you :)
Rather you than me ;D

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 27 Apr 2017, 11:30

Issue 3 now available for your pleasure.

This issue is a bit more graphical, as if I remember correctly we'd just got a Mac at where I was working at the time, so I could knock out some truly awful cartoons.

This issue also contains Argus Ada's classic (if slightly surreal) take on the origins of Yeltz.

Everything can be downloaded from http://www.yeltzland.net/followyourinstinct/

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 02 May 2017, 18:05

Poll wrote:
11 Apr 2017, 20:01
Issue 13? That's very worrying as I was convinced I had a full set.

May need to negotiate something if I can't find it once I've scanned in the first 12 in about 2 years time!
I'm open to negotiations too, sorry to devalue your copy DJ. Rummaging through a box of programmes in search of one close to my heart from a match that took place 60 years ago tomorrow, I've unearthed all the FYI's including issue 13. I'm so pleased because it contains all the words to The Window Song (and beneath that window ... ) and I've never known them all before.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 May 2017, 18:30

Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:
02 May 2017, 18:05
Poll wrote:
11 Apr 2017, 20:01
Issue 13? That's very worrying as I was convinced I had a full set.

May need to negotiate something if I can't find it once I've scanned in the first 12 in about 2 years time!
I'm open to negotiations too, sorry to devalue your copy DJ. Rummaging through a box of programmes in search of one close to my heart from a match that took place 60 years ago tomorrow, I've unearthed all the FYI's including issue 13. I'm so pleased because it contains all the words to The Window Song (and beneath that window ... ) and I've never known them all before.
Disco version words as well? ::)

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 06 Mar 2020, 10:22

Just scanned in issue 7 (was bored/nervous waiting for news of the semi-final tickets)

Not sure if I mentioned this on another thread, but DJ (I think!) sent me a scan of the mystical issue 13 a while back, so you can now read Issues 1-7 and 13 at https://yeltzland.net/followyourinstinct/

I'm on a roll now, so may scan in the next issues sometime this year :)