Yeltzland Android App v2

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Yeltzland Android App v2

Post by Poll » 30 Jan 2017, 10:18

The good news is I've updated the Android version of the Yeltzland app, so it has nearly all the new features and improvements I've added to the iOS version over the last few months.

The slightly irritating news is because I messed up (In an irritating way too dull to go into) I've had to make a whole new version which won't automatically update the original one.

You can install the new version at https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ltzlandnew

If you have the original version of the app, I strongly recommend uninstalling it and switching over to the new one.

The original version will continue to work, but won't get any fixes or new features, so I'd definitely take a couple of minutes to switch over - and apologies for the inconvenience.

It should also fix the "icon overlay issue" seen yesterday after updating the forum software, if you are still seeing it.

Let me know if you see any problems with the new version.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yeltzland Android App v2

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 30 Jan 2017, 13:21

Many thanks Poll, I've installed the new version and all going well.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 30 Jan 2017, 14:18

The icon overlay is still there using my laptop.
It was OK for a while yesterday but has returned with a vengeance.
I've tried Ctrl + F5 without any joy. All is OK on my phone.
Help, please.

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 09 Feb 2017, 19:22

Still quite a few people using v1 of the Android app (I get very basic stats saying how many people are using it each day)

I definitely recommend uninstalling it, and installing the new version as explained above, so you get the new features plus any fixes/improvements going forward.

P.S. Lutley, really sorry I forgot to reply to your website problem, hope it's all sorted now.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 10 Feb 2017, 12:01

Yes, Poll - all OK, now. Your concern for my technological inadequacy is touching, and much appreciated!

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 10 Apr 2017, 09:14

Another reminder for Android users that there are still some people using the old version that won't be updated automatically (or ever!)

If you're not sure which version you are on, go to the "More..." tab and scroll to the bottom. If the version starts with "1." you are on the old version (latest version is 2.0.4)

If you are on the old version, delete the app and then install the latest one at at https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ltzlandnew or just search for "yeltzland" in the Play Store

If you have any questions, let me know
Poll

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 03 Jul 2017, 09:09

Just another reminder there are still quite a few people using the old version of the Android app.

I've been fixing a few bugs recently, and making improvements ready for the new season, so if you are not using version 2 of the app it'll get progressively worse over time

Will take 2 minutes to delete it and re-install - instructions below ...
Poll wrote:
10 Apr 2017, 09:14
If you're not sure which version you are on, go to the "More..." tab and scroll to the bottom. If the version starts with "1." you are on the old version (latest version is 2.1.13)

If you are on the old version, delete the app and then install the latest one at at https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ltzlandnew or just search for "yeltzland" in the Play Store

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 28 Nov 2017, 15:37

As promised, a new version of the Android app will be available shortly.

It includes lots of improvements to match the changes in the IOS app, including:
- Moving the navigation to the bottom for ease of use
- Adding a handy widget showing the last result and upcoming fixtures
- Improving the "Where's the ground" feature
- Other minor improvements and fixes

There are STILL people using the original version that won't get these improvements.

I'll repeat the reminder...

If you're not sure which version you are on, go to the "More..." tab and scroll to the bottom. If the version starts with "1." you are on the old version (latest version is 2.2.0)

If you are on the old version, delete the app and then install the latest one at at https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ltzlandnew or just search for "Yeltzland" in the Play Store

Any problems, let me know
Poll

Rusty
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rusty » 26 Jan 2018, 12:45

Hello

I downloaded this app with ease and it looks and feels really good.

Excellent contribution thank you

Yours truly

Rusty

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 26 Jan 2018, 19:12

Thanks Rusty!

Still people on the ancient v1 of the app. The new one is much better, so definitely recommend getting it