Club Crest Updated

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Club Crest Updated

Post by RaidenYeltz » 13 May 2016, 11:56

Noggin wrote:What is significant is that no one has stated any benefit of change. So if something has worked previously and has not attracted adverse comment then why change it? Lets face it, if the old one did not work, then folks would have been quick enough to moan!

Taking emotion out of the equation, I'm not usually against change that has some identifiable benefit, but I fail to see any benefit to this. Therefore it change that is hacking people off in an emotive area for no reason. Bad business sense.
The reasons as to why the change was made are on the club's website. So to state that no one has given a reason for updating the club badge, is wrong.

cripcrap
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by cripcrap » 13 May 2016, 12:22

Take a breath people.

Recall when the Club went to the black and yellow kit. There was universal disapproval but 20 years on, fans loved it

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 13 May 2016, 13:47

RaidenYeltz wrote:
Noggin wrote:What is significant is that no one has stated any benefit of change. So if something has worked previously and has not attracted adverse comment then why change it? Lets face it, if the old one did not work, then folks would have been quick enough to moan!

Taking emotion out of the equation, I'm not usually against change that has some identifiable benefit, but I fail to see any benefit to this. Therefore it change that is hacking people off in an emotive area for no reason. Bad business sense.
The reasons as to why the change was made are on the club's website. So to state that no one has given a reason for updating the club badge, is wrong.
I've just looked again at the statement. No benefits stated as far as I can see, more of a justification for a decision already taken. Of the "lets do it anyway but position it like this" school of thought

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 13 May 2016, 13:58

Were vast sums of hard cash handed over to some t***er of an "image consultant" to come up with this poxy design?

I bet whoever is responsible lives opposite Carters Lane Baptist Church. It looks just like that. With a paper hat on.

Still, it is the first thing you see coming off the motorway into Halesowen I suppose. :(

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 13 May 2016, 13:59

Noggin wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:

I've just looked again at the statement. No benefits stated as far as I can see, more of a justification for a decision already taken. Of the "lets do it anyway but position it like this" school of thought
'The new crest enables Halesowen Town to compete in the new modern digital world of social media, marketing and merchandising.'

Whether you agree or disagree, the club has given a reason and benefit for the change.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 May 2016, 15:17

....and what does that mumbo jumbo of a reason actually mean? They've got the old crest successfully on to every conceivable thing from what I can remember.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 May 2016, 15:42

Can someone please confirm whether the original crest is on the season tickets .

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 13 May 2016, 16:13

Just from a media point of view I'd like to point out a couple of things from last season.

Darlington and Salford, two of the bigger names in our league, the two to get promoted. Both have great online presence too, when we play them we want to take advantage of their profile and benefit from it too. They used these images on their video and Twitter updates respectively.

Neither look good at all, and don't even represent the club in the same way, and in my opinion two wasted opportunities to show off the club on a larger scale.

The new badge is clean, modern looking and fits onto all websites, graphics, videos you name it. The shape is simple, it's uniform and it works online, it looks much better.

That's just my opinion on it's improved as a badge and a brand in terms of the media work I do. Hopefully that helps clear up, to some degree, on what 'that mumbo jumbo' is.
Yeltz TV

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 May 2016, 18:37

Despite the modern thinking outlook - it's bloody awful. Ditch it - please!
It looks like a transfer out of The Beano.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 May 2016, 18:49

lutleyyeltz wrote:Despite the modern thinking outlook - it's bloody awful. Ditch it - please!
It looks like a transfer out of The Beano.
Lutley, top comment. It really does.