Club Crest Updated

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Club Crest Updated

Post by Poll » 21 May 2016, 06:23

I thought I'd go and check on the Facebook page where the new logo was announced, and the comments seem to follow along roughly the same lines as this thread.

On Twitter the replies are generally more positive, but it's less clear to me if all of them are from Yeltz fans.

Therefore I don't think the new badge is massively more popular on 'social media' than on here. Pretty obvious really, as much of it is the same people saying basically the same things!

What I think is the badge did need an upgrade for the 21st Century, and overall the new one is much better. But as I've said before it's just the church part is frankly not well designed, and if it reflected the old design/real church better I think most people would be happy and we could move on.

It is a shame that the reasons for the change - and why this particular design was chosen - haven't been particularly clearly communicated, as I'm sure the people involved didn't just do this on a whim and have good reasons for doing so.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 21 May 2016, 10:55

Hence your design. Have not read ONE negative comment about it.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 21 May 2016, 17:12

How has this disagreement over the crest/badge led to such acrimonious debate?
Whilst personally not liking the new badge/crest/logo, I cannot believe that there appears to be all out war declared between various factions on this forum.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 May 2016, 16:27

hybrid.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 03 Jun 2016, 21:50

Is anybody ever going to tell us if there might be any compromise regarding the club crest? Is it for keeps? Might we get our original back? Do our views count for anything or are supporters just a cash revenue? If we are, I imagine the cash generated by the shop may be disappointment. Will anybody in a relevant position please come on here and answer these questions.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Jun 2016, 19:26

andy wrote:Is anybody ever going to tell us if there might be any compromise regarding the club crest? Is it for keeps? Might we get our original back? Do our views count for anything or are supporters just a cash revenue? If we are, I imagine the cash generated by the shop may be disappointment. Will anybody in a relevant position please come on here and answer these questions.
It would appear that 30 odd years of support obviously mean nothing. Once not missing any home or away game for over 8 years means nothing. Helping out on occasions means nothing. Spending large sums of money here means nothing. Not one solitary word from any of the people who are having their play with the club until they're bored of it and move on. Were all obviously just cash cows and mean nothing. Well that's precisely what the club will get from me now. Nothing. They can stick the new crest where the sun don't shine.

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 09 Jun 2016, 22:12

Alas Andy - I agree - its scary really (toned tat down a bit) and totally deflating

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by welshyeltz » 10 Jun 2016, 08:31

Cannot believe that no one from the club has responded. Makes a mockery of ' non league is family' claims

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 10 Jun 2016, 20:07

welshyeltz wrote:Cannot believe that no one from the club has responded. Makes a mockery of ' non league is family' claims
It doesn't surprise me in the slightest sadly. I said I had my reservations about certain parts of the new board, despite being told how marvellous it was, and so far nothing has happened that would lead me to change my mind.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Aug 2016, 17:08

Genuine clue in the Mail on Sunday bare bones crossword.
14 across
Like a clowns hat, funny when centre is made new.
5 letters. Crest?