Pheonix club looks a cert!

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Pheonix club looks a cert!

Post by frankowba » 08 May 2011, 20:47

So it looks like the trust are going ahead with a pheonix club as a saftey net, Can't say i blame them after the last few seasons. I have a idea and wether the trust members agree or not to the suggestion is up to them?Why not put the halesowen town fc reserve team into the west midland combination or west midlands regional league but keeping them seperate from the first team? In that way they play under the same name and if they can ground share with the original halesowen town fc it would bring in gate money and other things like food and beverage etc.Then if things go well and the new owner is delivering on his promises draw up a deal where the orginal first team can have first pick of any reserve team players and have to pay the trust a nominal fee for a player and if htfc want to send youngsters on loan to the reserves so be it. As i say its just an idea.

Yeltz7
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Pheonix club looks a cert!

Post by Yeltz7 » 08 May 2011, 20:52

If that is true....they are making a very big mistake,got to give the new owner a chance to run the club and see where we go from there,ive said it many times on here the trust should have only been formed when the club folded and we would have started again,it seems to me now some trust members want to run HTFC and wont be happy till they are.

valenciayeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by valenciayeltz » 08 May 2011, 21:01

Wasn't at the meeting today (bit too far for a Sunday Morning!) but from here it appears that the trust is doing exactly the right thing in continuing to look at the idea of a new club. From this article it's obivous that any new club must be registered by Friday:

http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/sport/fo ... for_Yeltz/

By the time the motives of the new owner (and any connections to the old regime) are clarified it would be far too late to register a new club with the FA. Better to register and then withdraw the application later, than to miss the deadline completely I would have thought..

frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by frankowba » 08 May 2011, 21:02

I think the deadline for new clubs is on friday 13th may,as i say i think

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 08 May 2011, 21:40

Yeltz7 wrote: If that is true....they are making a very big mistake,got to give the new owner a chance to run the club and see where we go from there,ive said it many times on here the trust should have only been formed when the club folded and we would have started again,it seems to me now some trust members want to run HTFC and wont be happy till they are.
Maybe you should read more/ attend a trust meeting and you may understand their direction and why they are spending a lot of dedication and time in trying to keep football at the grove.

The following topic may help,
http://www.yeltz.co.uk/forum/index.php? ... msg131#new

frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by frankowba » 08 May 2011, 21:52

I understand yeltz its a saftey net and they are in there right to do it, i just hope people go and watch