Home match Sept 17th?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Home match Sept 17th?

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 03 Sep 2011, 19:43

Like us, several others in our League have been knocked out of FA Cup today and so perhaps we'll bring forward and rearrange a fixture for Sept 17th.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Home match Sept 17th?

Post by andy » 04 Sep 2011, 19:10

Looking at the results involving southern league teams in the FA Cup yesterday, it would seem we are playing at a poor level now. With only 2 or 3 exceptions our teams struggled to beat, were held by or lost to teams from further down the pyramid. Aside from our poor result, other notable scores included St Neots losing at Thurnby Nirvana, Moneyfields beating Gosport, Rugby failing to beat Gornal Athletic at home, and Biggleswade blowing a 5-1 lead at home to Haringey and Waltham Development.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 04 Sep 2011, 19:48

Thurnby Nirvana?

Really?

Have you been on the paint thinner again?

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 04 Sep 2011, 21:14

Poor level indeed. Sholing only managed 9 against Newbury and Yate let one in against Melksham. They did however score 10.

At the end of the day, the cups a great leveller and all that. No one seems to have mentioned the fact we should have been 5 up before Rocester got the ball let alone had a chance, just about proves anything really does happen in t'Cup. I think we just need to build more of a team comaradrie, as when something goes wrong they all end up shouting and swearing at each other. I'm certain Shaun will get rid of players if HE doesn't think they'm up to the task.

Anyway, we could travel to Bishops Cleeve (they were murdered 1-0 by Wells City) which would avoid a dark night in October on a Wednesday.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Sep 2011, 18:59

YeltzDoc wrote:Thurnby Nirvana?

Really?

Have you been on the paint thinner again?
I might have been listening to some of mr Cobains finest at the time, but i guess only paint thinners could explain the Thurnby bit. I did get the results off a site that called Gornal, Cornell though.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Sep 2011, 19:05

HalesowenHarry wrote:Poor level indeed. Sholing only managed 9 against Newbury and Yate let one in against Melksham. They did however score 10.

At the end of the day, the cups a great leveller and all that. No one seems to have mentioned the fact we should have been 5 up before Rocester got the ball let alone had a chance, just about proves anything really does happen in t'Cup. I think we just need to build more of a team comaradrie, as when something goes wrong they all end up shouting and swearing at each other. I'm certain Shaun will get rid of players if HE doesn't think they'm up to the task.

Anyway, we could travel to Bishops Cleeve (they were murdered 1-0 by Wells City) which would avoid a dark night in October on a Wednesday.
Sorry HH. I'm very happy that we are competing at all. I wasn't complaining, just making an observation that from what i have seen so far, the standard seems to be considerably lower.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 08 Sep 2011, 19:15

Shame no news looks like it won't be happening unless the league work as slow as the FA!

Jamie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Jamie » 09 Sep 2011, 19:39

It is usually down to clubs to talk to each other to bring fixtures forward to cover free Saturdays due to cup exits. Clubs in agreement, can then propose the suggestion to the league, who will usually happily agree.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 11 Sep 2011, 15:41

Strange - Bishops Cleeve prefer a mid week fixture in the winter with a lower gate than a Saturday in September with the potential of a greater away fan presence. ::)

stevelynch
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by stevelynch » 11 Sep 2011, 16:05

We did ask the question but not possible and we could not have a home game as Blackheath are at home on the 17th.