Breaking News

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Breaking News

Post by YeltzDoc » 07 May 2011, 06:04

frankowba wrote: if anyone has got a contact for brendan Phillips im sure he would turn up at the trust meeting and maybe explain why his consortium did pull out?
So I asked him. 

And he said -

Comment from Brendan Phillips

As a former manager, and supporter, of Halesowen Town FC it saddens me greatly to see the current plight of a once well respected club, which was one of the best run non league clubs within the West Midlands without a shadow of doubt in years gone by.
Having tasted the highs and lows of managing the club during my tenure, the one abiding memory I have of the football club as it was, is the warmth, passion and special "black country humour" of the supporters, typified by the likes of "Dot" and many others who followed the club both home and away in large numbers back in the day. 
This is the first time in all my years in non league football that I have seen fit to write on a football forum site.

I welcome open debate and supporter participation in running clubs at this level, I also agree with some of the comments and thoughts of the current owner/s of the football club and I disagree with others!
That’s called having an opinion and were all entitled to that in my world.

I would like to set the record straight from the point of view of the recently reported withdrawn " consortium takeover offer".

It is indeed true that I am involved with a number of "football minded business individuals that were interested in talking to the current owner and sole director about taking over the club. 
The  well publicised off field problems, allied to the dire on field results during the season just ended, only increased our desire to get in front of the owner and trash out a deal that maybe would have satisfied all parties honourably and with no malice or bad feeling because in our view the only thing that was and is still suffering is HTFC.

The blame game is of no interest any of the people that may have become involved in running the football.

It is a pity the passion, goodwill, and club wellbeing talked about by the chairman has come at end of possibly the worst season in the history of HTFC.
The reality from a business point of view is that things do need to change at the football club. 
I agree 100% with that sentiment that if HTFC is ever to become successful again...unfortunately the ownership needs to change also!

The chairman’s latest response again demonstrates why in the minds of many people he is simply NOT up to the job!

Yours, Brendan Phillips.

thirdeye301
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by thirdeye301 » 07 May 2011, 09:28

The club would like to set fans' expectations in that the likely winner will likely not be based on the highest bid, or promises of lavish funding, rather it shall be on the merits and realism of the bid in relation to long term plans to improve the club and run it within its means for the good of the local community and fans. :'(

Contrary to speculation the Club can confirm that none of the bids are from previous owner Morell M**s*n. >:(

watch this space :o
Last edited by thirdeye301 on 07 May 2011, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
nothing in this game for two in a bed

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 07 May 2011, 11:15

spot on Doc
However, IMHO, there's nobody up for a takeover, it's just spin and bullsh*t from our friends the Ingies to try and halt anything that the supporters and Trust are trying to do.
I don't believe that the timing of this announcement is coincidental in any way.  It was specifically timed and intended to cause disruption

Does anyone seriously believe that they would deal with the bests interests of the club and it's supporters in mind? 
Now is the time for action. 
Now is the time to seize the initiative and make our own decisions as a unified and democratic supporters body. 
Now is the time to stop the watchful waiting and take action. 
Now it is the time to let go of the past.  With hindsight, the Halesowen Town that we knew and loved died on 14-Oct-2007, the day that TC M**s*n walked through the door.  It's time to start again and to be part of the future and to make what we used to have part of that future.  The spirit of our club that we all know and that Brendan referred to needn't die - it just needs to have a different name. 

AFC Halesowen, putting the trust back into football in Halesowen

thirdeye301
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by thirdeye301 » 07 May 2011, 11:23

Noggin wrote: spot on Doc
However, IMHO, there's nobody up for a takeover, it's just spin and bullsh*t from our friends the Ingies to try and halt anything that the supporters and Trust are trying to do.
I don't believe that the timing of this announcement is coincidental in any way.  It was specifically timed and intended to cause disruption

Does anyone seriously believe that they would deal with the bests interests of the club and it's supporters in mind?   
Now is the time for action. 
Now is the time to seize the initiative and make our own decisions as a unified and democratic supporters body. 
Now is the time to stop the watchful waiting and take action. 
Now it is the time to let go of the past.  With hindsight, the Halesowen Town that we knew and loved died on 14-Oct-2007, the day that TC M**s*n walked through the door.  It's time to start again and to be part of the future and to make what we used to have part of that future.  The spirit of our club that we all know and that Brendan referred to needn't die - it just needs to have a different name. 

AFC Halesowen, putting the trust back into football in Halesowen

here here!!
nothing in this game for two in a bed

frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by frankowba » 07 May 2011, 16:04

Don't want to poo poo your post as I agree with it all but under new fa rules phoenix clubs are not allowed to have afc then the previous clubs name anymore.this is after a complaint from liverpool when afc Liverpool were formed.so let's get voting on a new name.I like Halesowen athletic!

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 07 May 2011, 16:32

frankowba wrote: Don't want to poo poo your post as I agree with it all but under new fa rules phoenix clubs are not allowed to have afc then the previous clubs name anymore.this is after a complaint from liverpool when afc Liverpool were formed.so let's get voting on a new name.I like Halesowen athletic!

I personally like Halesowen United because I am hoping that is what will happen we will all form together, work together and UNITE to make a
success of our new club and give generations of football in our community!
Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail !

Frodo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Frodo » 07 May 2011, 16:51

although the thought of a phoenix club is an idea for a quick end to the dark times we are in, need i remind you that taking that option we will lose all our Wembley history, "one of the oldest clubs" reputation as well as drop down somewhat 4 leagues (which some might deem not worthy of watching)?

persisting to gain control could land us in a presumed bigger debt and be a great effort in itself, but wouldn't persisting until the last possible point then raising a phoenix club if efforts are unrewarded be a better idea? in oppose to leaping into the act and losing the Wembley years.

the way i see it, it seems the idea of a phoenix club is an easy alternative to the 'effort' and not much thought into the pros and cons has been made. of course i could be wrong, i have been kept "in the dark" for a long time.

remember, this was Harry's Club, and i'm sure it would hurt him to know it died.
"Good managers make good sides. There's no such thing as a side making a manager" - Brian Clough.

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 07 May 2011, 19:40

frodo - its already dead

Colin Bobble
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Colin Bobble » 08 May 2011, 12:20

http://www.halesowentownfc.co.uk/Articl ... -new-owner

Well, what to make of that? I await more details with interest.
The ploughman he's a bonnie lad,
His mind is ever true, jo,
His garters knit below his knee,
His bonnet it is blue, jo.
Then up wi' him my ploughman lad,
And hey my merry ploughman!
Of a' the trades that I do ken,
Commend me to the ploughman.

Yeltz7
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz7 » 08 May 2011, 13:43

Well it cant get worst can it...lower league lets start again and build ourselfs up