newfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Breaking News

Post by newfan » 06 May 2011, 19:16

frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Breaking News

Post by frankowba » 06 May 2011, 19:45

If it's true that's great news!no need for the pheonix club as I say if it's true.I wonder if the trust are one of these bidders?if not where does that leave them?if the new owners don't want no relationship with the trust what happens then?but I hope they do as I want this club to be run really well with the community getting involved etc.I say good luck to the parties interested.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 May 2011, 20:09

What utter b****cks. 

I translate it as,

"Sh*t the fans are trying to do something to get their club back, let's rush something out full of vague promises. 
Let's make a few references to people who've done it correctly in a desperate attempt to associate ourselves and our business practices with them and deflect from the way we've actually done things.
With any luck it'll muddy the waters, stop the fans from voting on anything that could take the club back and give us another few months to try and win the lottery and cling on to the club for a bit longer, while we go back to sticking our fingers in our ears and going, 'la, la, la, la' and hoping all the nasty people go away."

Never has their epithet as the "Brothers Grimm" been more apt as I've never heard such a f***ing fairy tale. 

Of course, just my opinion. 
And it's purely coincidental that I'm 100% right. 

I hope people share my view of this piece as, at best, a Walter Mitty-style fantasy-world of imagination or, at worst, a deliberate attempt to mislead the fans and buy more time, Lord knows to what end. 

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 06 May 2011, 20:30

I'm inclined to agree Doc but there's always the possibilty a "Mr Denials" is involved
“Would you like to bet against us?”

newfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by newfan » 06 May 2011, 20:38

If there is someone taking over whats the plan then doc give them a chance or just keep going with a pheonix team?

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 May 2011, 21:28

It's not my call obviously, I imagine that it will be decided by the Trust members and acted upon by the Trust board. 

However, IMHO, there's nobody up for a takeover, it's just spin and bullsh*t from our friends the Ingies to try and halt anything that the supporters and Trust are trying to do. 

And in answer to LLL, I don't think that our friend of Beeches Avenue Hurricane fame is involved anymore and even if he was, he's a perfect example of someone who the Ingies may be able to punt us on to, who, shall we say, wouldn't exactly be the fans' first choice. 

Again, IMHO (as da yoof say), -

Now is the time for action. 
Now is the time to seize the initiative and make our own decisions as a unified and democratic supporters body. 
Now is the time to stop the watchful waiting and take action. 

The only advice that's relevant is, go on Sunday to the Trust meeting, listen to what known, listen to what we have to make judgements upon when not knowing everything and make a call. 

Vox populi vox dei. 

frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by frankowba » 06 May 2011, 22:35

A very valued statement doc,if anyone has got a contact for brendan Phillips im sure he would turn up at the trust meeting and maybe explain why his consortium did pull out?I'm starting to get mixed messages now do you believe the Halesowen news or do you think the ingies have parties interested?I think we should trace when the ingies are next in the country and go to them direct and make then explain what's goin on.anyway let the soap opera continue!

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 May 2011, 22:55

frankowba wrote: if anyone has got a contact for brendan Phillips im sure he would turn up at the trust meeting and maybe explain why his consortium did pull out?
Yep, me too.  I expect it's because the Ingies refused to "engage".  Again, fingers in ears, 'La, la la, I'm-not-listening...".
frankowba wrote: I think we should trace when the ingies are next in the country and go to them direct and make then explain what's goin on.
Been tried, a million times, no joy. 
Tw*ts...

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 06 May 2011, 23:02

they probably have got people interested - but 3 ? , have they really got 3 friends to pass the club onto to make its look like its not
them who own the club any more ! hang on doesnt this sound familiar - owner no one likes goes, new owners come to save us, the old owner
not involved with new owners (honest) htfc = pass the parcel .
one sure fact - the ground is in a worse state than its ever been (doors kicked in , weeds , cracking concrete etc) so if your one of the
interested parties - get a survey done before you buy (by the way you are local people arent you , cause as local people would care more about/be best for htfc , ingrams wont let you have it if your not)

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 07 May 2011, 04:53

watsisnerm wrote: one sure fact - the ground is in a worse state than its ever been (doors kicked in , weeds , cracking concrete etc)
No, no, no watsisnerm, don't you listen? According to our Chairman -

"Finances have been committed over the past years to bring the Stadium into a good state of repair."

If you've seen anything that's broken, untidy or out-of-order then it purely erroneous curiosity on your part. 

We must all believe our glorious leader, with comments like yours, anybody would think that the beloved Mr Ingram hadn't been at the Ground for months. 
*shakes head*