Another 3g pitch in this league?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Another 3g pitch in this league?

Post by beastyyeltz » 09 Mar 2014, 22:14

RaidenYeltz wrote:I'm convinced the surface hasn't been kind to my ankle, having sprained it numerous times there.

Is that me or is it the surface?

In my mind grass would sort of absorb any impact better than astro which creates a jarring effect.

Probably just me!
No Raiden, I think you're right. I never have problems playing on naturalgrass but I have when I've played on astro turf or at power league. So you're not the only one!

Dutchref
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dutchref » 14 Mar 2014, 18:54

http://maps.gstatic.com/m/streetview/?q ... 4,,0,10.01

On the 6 of april I will be the ref on this nice 4g pitch in Hengelo . the Netherlands

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Mar 2020, 05:56

RaidenYeltz wrote:
05 Mar 2014, 18:07
Off topic but similar...I posed the question to Jon C and AV last night...what would people's thoughts be on having non-league seasons take place in Summer months.

Like artificial pitches I don't like the idea...but better weather = better pitches also no top flight league to compete against so better attendance.
We may get to find out how Non-league played during the summer months would work out...
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 14 Mar 2020, 09:51

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 05:56
RaidenYeltz wrote:
05 Mar 2014, 18:07
Off topic but similar...I posed the question to Jon C and AV last night...what would people's thoughts be on having non-league seasons take place in Summer months.

Like artificial pitches I don't like the idea...but better weather = better pitches also no top flight league to compete against so better attendance.
We may get to find out how Non-league played during the summer months would work out...
Stupid idea. I love standing in bitterly cold wind, pouring rain and losing the sensation in my fingers.