Where are you all?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Where are you all?

Post by andy » 20 Aug 2011, 17:54

Nothing to moan about. Club in good hands, team doing well, everybody happier than in years and the forum nearly grinds to a halt. The good times are rolling and it all goes quiet. Unreal. If it hurts too much to to be happy or praise the lads you could always moan about the pitch.....

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Where are you all?

Post by dazzlingdazza » 20 Aug 2011, 20:04

andy wrote:Nothing to moan about. Club in good hands, team doing well, everybody happier than in years and the forum nearly grinds to a halt. The good times are rolling and it all goes quiet. Unreal. If it hurts too much to to be happy or praise the lads you could always moan about the pitch.....
Totally agree with you Andy, have missed the 3 games due to hols and was disappointed when hearing the attendances,
hopefully there are a couple of hundred on holiday, or due to last season have they chose to go up Merry Hill Saturdays!

munchkin3
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by munchkin3 » 20 Aug 2011, 20:24

lads played great , very impressed , also i must say cainsey did well and he was ill , really good result keep it up :)

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 20 Aug 2011, 22:57

I think it will take a while to get people back but I agree a great game

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 21 Aug 2011, 12:27

To be fair, I think that Saturday attendances, at this time of the year, will be affected by people both going and returning from holiday.
When the news filters through that we are a decent side in the making, then I'm sure that the crowds will increase.
I hope that this isn't interpreted (in some quarters) as being both naive and looking at things through rose tinted glasses! ::)

A thoroughly exciting game of which we were worthy winners.

PS It was good to see our new owner mingling with the crowd at Tuesday's game and also raking in the cash at the turnstile yesterday!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 21 Aug 2011, 21:17

To be honest, it wasn't the attendance i was referring to. I didn't think it was bad considering all we have been through. It is the lack of action on the forum. Every man and his dog wanted to comment when things were rough, yet now we have reasons to be positive not many seem to want join in.

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 21 Aug 2011, 22:13

lutleyyeltz wrote:To be fair, I think that Saturday attendances, at this time of the year, will be affected by people both going and returning from holiday.
When the news filters through that we are a decent side in the making, then I'm sure that the crowds will increase.
I hope that this isn't interpreted (in some quarters) as being both naive and looking at things through rose tinted glasses! ::)

A thoroughly exciting game of which we were worthy winners.

PS It was good to see our new owner mingling with the crowd at Tuesday's game and also raking in the cash at the turnstile yesterday!
not everyone knows what our new owner looks like.. he could do with a photo or two in the programme

stevelynch
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by stevelynch » 21 Aug 2011, 22:27

andy wrote:To be honest, it wasn't the attendance i was referring to. I didn't think it was bad considering all we have been through. It is the lack of action on the forum. Every man and his dog wanted to comment when things were rough, yet now we have reasons to be positive not many seem to want join in.
Evening! Sorry Andy I seem to have ground the forum to a halt lately! I am sure in time there will be something that will get people typing again
whether it be good or bad! Yes I was giving the turnstiles a go yesterday! and will be around doing other jobs throughout the season.
I have been amazed by the help I have received over the last few months from a hard core of people who have been down doing the hard work
In getting the grove looking like a football ground again I personally have done nothing but supply the materials.
Those that have been down helping I owe a big thanks for making my job easier they are a great bunch and even if one of them talks non stop and has given me tinnitus
(only joking) ;D its been a pleasure so far.
Im not one for publicity not big on pictures either quite happy to just potter about so you wont be seeing my ugly mug in the programme! ::)

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 21 Aug 2011, 23:37

Steve,

Not a moan but are there any plans regarding the pitch, it seems very dry and dusty?

Also any plans to replace the canned drinks for bottles, I prefer bottle can make it last longer and re seal with the top?

Keep up the good work so far. Thank you for giving us hope.

stevelynch
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by stevelynch » 21 Aug 2011, 23:58

Well we did some repairs in the close season and put a lot of top dressing on there which is 70% sand based hence the sahara dust at the moment
once the rain starts to flow it will settle down.
As there wasnt much time from the takeover to the first game and the fact money had to be spent in other areas the pitch will have to be nursed through the
season.