The inevitable moves one step closer

Post by yeltzdan » 05 May 2011, 17:56

How will the Ingrams spin this one?

http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/sport/fo ... for_Yeltz/

frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: The inevitable moves one step closer

Post by frankowba » 05 May 2011, 18:58

I think it's very brave to start a new club whilst htfc are still in existence.This is because and I know it's a long shot but if htfc are saved and the new owners have the best intrest for the club and turn it round into it's former glory who is goin to watch the new pheonix team? It's not the end of the world if you dnt get one in for this season coming.there's always the year after then at least you know if htfc are around and have time to plan for the new team.Also if htfc were to be ressurected the phoenix club would struggle to stay afloat.I'm not against the idea of the phoenix club just think we should wait until the future of htfc is definate.

RichardG
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: The inevitable moves one step closer

Post by RichardG » 05 May 2011, 19:11

I suspect this may be almost a game of 'dare' by the Ingram's. As the article states any new club must be notified to the FA by 13/5/11. So, all they need do is wait. If no new club is formed they could, if they wished, fold HTFC. I realise the ground itself isn't an asset available to them, but presumably the rest is? And what happens to the ground for a year with no sport being played there? Who maintains it? Alternatively, a phoenix is formed, so HTFC is kept alive. Where will a phoenix play? And if HTFC and a phoenix are run in competition, which will gain the most support? Let us suppose a phoenix is formed under such circumstances, then fails, the Ingram's are back in the driving seat. Strikes me as very clever and very devious.