24/25 Squad

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: 24/25 Squad

Post by KenR » 05 Jul 2024, 22:30

Robin Whetnall, crew cutted centre forward , had a strange way of running with his arms straight down at his side and his hands sticking out to the side at 90 degrees. Scored a few for Nuneaton Borough if I remember.

MichaelGrove
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MichaelGrove » 06 Jul 2024, 09:48

Didn’t Miracle play for Stourbr*dge for a time?

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 Jul 2024, 10:01

Great call, he did.
Those who’ve done both are legion, including Paul (shudders) but I’d forgotten that one.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 10 Jul 2024, 09:06

https://www.ht-fc.co.uk/1st-team-squad
It would appear that Luke Postle is the additional forward.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 10 Jul 2024, 17:11

Still only 13 outfield players though, so no doubt a number of trialists will be putting in an appearance on Saturday

TheWitleyWonder
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TheWitleyWonder » 13 Jul 2024, 23:26

YeltzDoc wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 07:06
HalesowenHarry wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 17:11
YeltzDoc wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 13:37
And for pointlessly predictable trivia, anyone want to chip in with at least 5 other ex-Stour forwards who did make the the trip under the viaduct?
Kevin Harrison, Evran Wright, Henry Wright (am I cheating naming both)..... Szewczyk, (can't remember if he was at Stour pre us or Stafford but I'll throw him under the bus!)..........Richard Massey (essentially a midfielder but that large he could play in 2 positions at once)................... I'm struggling to be honest
I’d add Stan Jones and Peter Gocan.
Stan sadly passed away recently he was a former team mate of mine at Olympic Star on a Sunday morning and was one of the best players I ever played with .

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 21 Jul 2024, 21:03

It's been interesting to see how the squad is coming together in the three pre season games so far. A lot of players seem to have played a half with a lot of the younger players from the younger teams getting an opportunity to impress. Nat Kelly on trial seems a sensible option, and would give us a left footed central defender to balance up the Wollacott, Taylor and Wynter right footers! If he does bring him in I think it would also give us a good option of playing three central defenders. Based on the players seen so far the height of our side isn't particularly great so three big strapping central defenders could be the way we go.
I think we seem well covered defensively with Cassidy, Taylor, Wynter, Mitchell, Wollacott and Kelly (if he signs) with Hicky and Manning as options for wing back. In midfield, I quite like the Trialist we've had who has worn 4 and played as a 4, I believe he has come from Shrewsbury. If he signs that would free up Parker to play more as an '8' or a '6' instead of a '4'. In midfield that gives us Parker, Flanagan (who has really impressed me) Tee looks quality on the ball but I am a little worried that if we end up with Parker, Tee, Manning and Hicky all starting we probably are going to need the big three central defenders for some physicality.
KD look almost certain to be partnering Adi Yussef up top, but we've not seen them play that many minutes together yet. Perhaps in the remaining friendlies they'll get more minutes together to help them gel. If we sign Kelly and the No4 from Shrewsbury I think the only area of the squad then that could do with an extra body is probably up top, if we don't sign another forward I will be a little disappointed. Young Postle has done well with his minutes but he looks more like a winger than he does an out and out striker.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 22 Jul 2024, 19:42

Thanks for the insight Rob.
Not been able to see and games so far so this is a good update. Looking forward to tomorrow and this gives an idea of what to look for.
Would love to see Kelly sign but can/could we keep 4 quality Centre Halves happy at this level...... Time will tell

Siglo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Siglo » 24 Jul 2024, 16:52

Like I was saying a while ago need at least one posibly2 strikers

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 25 Jul 2024, 01:03

RobYeltz wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 21:03
It's been interesting to see how the squad is coming together in the three pre season games so far. A lot of players seem to have played a half with a lot of the younger players from the younger teams getting an opportunity to impress. Nat Kelly on trial seems a sensible option, and would give us a left footed central defender to balance up the Wollacott, Taylor and Wynter right footers! If he does bring him in I think it would also give us a good option of playing three central defenders. Based on the players seen so far the height of our side isn't particularly great so three big strapping central defenders could be the way we go.
I think we seem well covered defensively with Cassidy, Taylor, Wynter, Mitchell, Wollacott and Kelly (if he signs) with Hicky and Manning as options for wing back. In midfield, I quite like the Trialist we've had who has worn 4 and played as a 4, I believe he has come from Shrewsbury. If he signs that would free up Parker to play more as an '8' or a '6' instead of a '4'. In midfield that gives us Parker, Flanagan (who has really impressed me) Tee looks quality on the ball but I am a little worried that if we end up with Parker, Tee, Manning and Hicky all starting we probably are going to need the big three central defenders for some physicality.
KD look almost certain to be partnering Adi Yussef up top, but we've not seen them play that many minutes together yet. Perhaps in the remaining friendlies they'll get more minutes together to help them gel. If we sign Kelly and the No4 from Shrewsbury I think the only area of the squad then that could do with an extra body is probably up top, if we don't sign another forward I will be a little disappointed. Young Postle has done well with his minutes but he looks more like a winger than he does an out and out striker.
Am I missing something?? Is it the Nat Kelly from a couple of years back? Who played well. Why is he on trial?