Pub Corner

Anything else goes in here...
swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Pub Corner

Post by swipey » 03 Jun 2012, 16:39

My Dad, like a lot of dads, thinks that the cess-pits of the public establishments don't exist, even the ones with sawdust on the floor and often comes out with generic pearls like, "It's alright in there!"

However, he set a new low yesterday by showing me a pub not 3 miles from my doorstep that I had no idea about.
Lo & Behold, the Wheatsheaf in Rowley Hills:

Unfortunately, or fortunately - however you look at it - I never stopped to sample their fine ale as I called my father a four-letter word as we pulled onto the car park and when he saw my bottom lip a-quivering soothed, "It's alright son, there's no knives in there anymore..."

Sooooo, apart from sprout's favourite haunt of the Pink Perry Hill Tavern, what boozers do/have you avoided and why?
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Pub Corner

Post by sprout » 04 Jun 2012, 12:22

I think Brother Zee Zee may have been intimate with the Wheatsheaf in the past !!

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 04 Jun 2012, 18:41

I have indeed been intimate with said venue. It gave birth to our motorcycle Club in the nineties. I have had many good nights in the 'Sheaf', I must admit I am not a regular these days but despite the shabby appearence it is indeed 'alright' in there, some of my old Biker mates use it and you are unlikely to have much trouble, its downfall nowadays is too many kids.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 04 Jun 2012, 19:12

ZeeZee wrote:it is indeed 'alright' in there, .
I may christen thee, "Dad" (unofficially)
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!