Next England Manager

Anything else goes in here...
yeltz85
Global Moderator

Next England Manager

Post by yeltz85 » 11 Feb 2012, 13:09

What are your thoughts on the next England manager and who should it be?

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Next England Manager

Post by KenR » 11 Feb 2012, 14:05

I wish it would Mr McLeish , just to get him away from Mecca. We could get compensation off the F.A. and they could sack him after a couple of friendlies when they realise just how inept he is. My God what a favour we've done short heath.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 11 Feb 2012, 14:31

British, International experience, FA credentials, only one choice -

Stewart Hall.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 11 Feb 2012, 18:01

I'm going to go against the grain here. Firstly, I don't understand the F.A. slobbering over 'Arry because they jibbed off Venables - arguably the best manager we've had since Robson - as soon as they found out he was dodgy. Yeah, HR has been cleared, but it will always dog him, no pun intended.

For me, I'd like Mourihnio - he was a breath of fresh air for the PL and it ain't been the same since Chelsea got rid of him because he couldn't get them every piece of silverware humanly possible. He'd sort that dressing room of divas out, tell the press what for but I know for a fact the F.A. are just way too stuffy for him, plus the majority of fans are now screaming for an Englisman - never understood that, surely got to be the best man for the job, regardless of nationality?

Just look what Hiddink did for the teams he managed.
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Feb 2012, 19:01

KenR wrote:I wish it would Mr McLeish , just to get him away from Mecca. We could get compensation off the F.A. and they could sack him after a couple of friendlies when they realise just how inept he is. My God what a favour we've done short heath.
;D ;D

Now come on Ken, You know your beloved team are called SMALL Heath. You'd only then want to poach Chris Hughton next and you cant have him.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Feb 2012, 19:05

KenR wrote:I wish it would Mr McLeish , just to get him away from Mecca.
I knew that place reminded me of something, and your right, a BINGO HALL! Does he call the numbers?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Feb 2012, 19:11

And England can keep thier hands off Chris as well. Harry's the man for the job, he manages to court controversy as well as the prima donna arseholes he'll have to manage, so he should cope well.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 11 Feb 2012, 21:06

Happy with Harry or Mourinho as long as they pick the best team and not the best 11 to just play 3 of them out of position! Not Gerrard and Lampard in together (preferrably not Lampard at all) This year though I wont be going mad buying the strips etc, they can bloody well show they are up for the cause and want to fight for our country in Euro championship before I put my hand in my pocket, felt cheated in the World Cup, I wish them all the best and support them but am fed up of getting my hopes up to have them crushed!

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 12 Feb 2012, 05:23

Considering what Hughton's done for Newcastle & Blues, I don't think it'll be a shock to see Harry's vacated seat going to him at Spurs before the end of the season :(
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

misterbates
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by misterbates » 20 Feb 2012, 14:44

Ian Holloway.

English, passionate and mental.
A reputation built on open, attacking football and some of the best interviews in sport.