Euro 2020

Anything else goes in here...
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Euro 2020

Post by andy » 12 Jun 2021, 18:39

Great insight, cheers Frank.
Here I am wanting to know all the football details and then witness the horrendous Christian Eriksson incident. Football really doesn't matter that much, does it.
Not religious, but all prayers and thoughts with Christian and his family. Just pull through lad, it's all that matters.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Jun 2021, 16:02

Good performance lads. Up 'n' running!!!🙂👍🙂

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Jun 2021, 20:22

Missed my first game due to work this afternoon. Could have done with a chuckle. ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Jun 2021, 22:26

To continue this chat with myself, Spain may surprise their fans. Look good but need to find their shooting boots.

pantverdant2
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by pantverdant2 » 15 Jun 2021, 01:45

Spain will go deep always be wary of sides that win first game comfortably.Czech Republic have peaked too soon.
England and Croatia need to beware of a wounded Lion Rampart, Scots played well and lost and now have the
advantage of knowing exactly what they have to do,beat the Sassanachs and draw with a country with an
approximate same population.I'll be lumping on the Scots to qualify.This Scots side may have guts and a
smattering of World class players Robertson,McTominay and Cooper.England have a poor manager and one
World class player Harold Kane and two decent players Grealish and Chilwell neither of which the failed
Middlesborough boss will pick.Any quarter decent coach would have won the World Cup with a poor Croatia
to beat in the semi,never trusted the guy when he grabbed the penalty in '96 and bloody missed! Then he
did the dirty leaving my beloved Aston Villa to win things with Middlesborough wins one Milk/Rumbelows/
Caraboa/Bovril/Dynarod or whatever the mercenaries at the Football League will call it next.

Getting back to the point the sooner Gar**h Tubestation gets the poke the better, he makes every move for
money and I wish he had stayed at Crystal Palace and I could have lived a quiet life in Hasbury,I guess I have!! ::) ::) ::)

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 15 Jun 2021, 11:25

After todays games you'll be able to gauge who will progress, in my opinion. I'm going to stick my neck out and say Italy will be one of the finalists. Having won the English Premiership with Man City Roberto Mancini is no mug and has the tactical nouse to compete against anyone at this European championship.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Jun 2021, 13:45

410viawednesbury wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 11:25
After todays games you'll be able to gauge who will progress, in my opinion. I'm going to stick my neck out and say Italy will be one of the finalists. Having won the English Premiership with Man City Roberto Mancini is no mug and has the tactical nouse to compete against anyone at this European championship.
Have to say, purely on what we have seen so far, I couldn't disagree with that. I don't think I've ever seen them start a tournament like that before.

Can't agree with pantverdant about Southgate and England, well not yet anyway. I think tactically he got it spot on against Croatia and will use others in the squad as and when necessary against different opposition. I don't think we will be the most thrilling team to watch but could prove difficult to beat.

valenciayeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by valenciayeltz » 15 Jun 2021, 17:54

andy wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 22:26
To continue this chat with myself, Spain may surprise their fans. Look good but need to find their shooting boots.
The problem is that the coach has left the top Spanish goalscorer for the last few seasons watching the tournament on the telly and left the second highest top scorer on the bench until the last 10 minutes... ::) . I think most fans were pleasantly surprised how well they actually played. Especially as they've not been able to train together as a team at all, because of various covid outbreaks, and have been training two completely seperate squads (one training in Madrid and the other in Sevilla) just in case one squad gets withdrawn, but all training individually. Compared with the last World Cup, they looked a lot more dangerous. At the last tournament there was lots of Tiki Taka in front of the area but no end product. Last night they had 17 shots and should have scored at least a couple if they'd started Gerard instead of Morata (who has been getting booed by the Spanish fans for the last few games). The fans are more worried about the defence at the moment, as a very poor Sweden could easily have got a couple as well...

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Jun 2021, 22:11

valenciayeltz wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 17:54
andy wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 22:26
The problem is that the coach has left the top Spanish goalscorer for the last few seasons watching the tournament on the telly and left the second highest top scorer on the bench until the last 10 minutes... ::) . I think most fans were pleasantly surprised how well they actually played. Especially as they've not been able to train together as a team at all, because of various covid outbreaks, and have been training two completely seperate squads (one training in Madrid and the other in Sevilla) just in case one squad gets withdrawn, but all training individually. Compared with the last World Cup, they looked a lot more dangerous. At the last tournament there was lots of Tiki Taka in front of the area but no end product. Last night they had 17 shots and should have scored at least a couple if they'd started Gerard instead of Morata (who has been getting booed by the Spanish fans for the last few games). The fans are more worried about the defence at the moment, as a very poor Sweden could easily have got a couple as well...
Blimey. All that taken into consideration I'm surprised they recognised each other. I have to say my gut reaction is there may be more to come from them yet. Could go a fair way.
As will France. Totally comfortable tonight against Germany without really getting out of second gear. Can anybody not see them winning it?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Jun 2021, 22:28

Who is the left out striker you refer to? Aspas?