And we think we've had it tough

Anything else goes in here...
Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

And we think we've had it tough

Post by Westyeltz » 07 Oct 2019, 20:43

Just seen this on the BBC Sport website....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49803354

We used to play their supporters team at one time - a decent bunch of lads although GCFC didn't back them in the same way as our club did for us.
Some good, friendly matches on the morning of the main encounter with light refreshments taken between matches ;)
One of their lads, Russell, in true non-league style, used to make the post-match sandwiches at home and deliver them to the clubhouse to feed us all after the match!

Really hope all goes well for them - hopefully the likes of Russ are still involved.

Precious times :)

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: And we think we've had it tough

Post by Westyeltz » 07 Oct 2019, 20:45

How's that then Brother Avery - I even added a link into my post!

I might even award myself a George ;)

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 07 Oct 2019, 21:18

All the best to Gloucester City? Have you been drinking that blue stuff they use to clean the combs in the barbers again?

I caused one of the longest threads we ever had on an old version of the forum by suggesting that when the ground was in the state pictured below, it's a shame that it wasn't full.

MeadowParkFlood3JPG.jpg

A case of, "Après moi le deluge" as it were.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Oct 2019, 21:51

Westy I am MIGHTILY impressed! If I could be honoured enough to award one of your George's to your good self I would and I would wrestle it straight back off you for wishing it 'goes well' for Gloucester!!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0