Russian roulette

Anything else goes in here...
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Russian roulette

Post by andy » 11 Jun 2018, 19:31

So time to make a fool of ourselves. Well make a prediction anyway. Who do you fancy for the World Cup and why? Who are you cursing to fall at the group stage? ::) . Who would you like to do well?
Firstly I would love Iceland to have another great tournament. Really won me over at the Euros.
Winners
For me, I refuse to say Germany (though I'm not sure they're good enough this time anyway), and Italy aren't in it. Spain aren't what they used to be and nor are Argentina. Knowing absolutely bugger all about half the teams leaves 4 for me. Rule out France because they're French and it's England, Belgium and Brazil left. Love Brazil and head says Belgium but we look a different proposition under Southgate. Could we do it? Nah. So Belgium it is.
Next.

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Russian roulette

Post by welshyeltz » 11 Jun 2018, 21:02

Went to see Brazil last week v Croatia. 2 good finishes but otherwise average and looked fragile in defence. Croatia were the better side but lacked a good front man. If they find a scored to link in with Modric then they could surprise a lot of people.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 12 Jun 2018, 09:58

Germany. Because it’s always bloody Germany.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 12 Jun 2018, 10:49

The quality of French players makes them strong contenders in my opinion, likewise Belgium. Whether they play as a team is another matter. The Belgian public see this side as their 'golden generation' and so they should with players like Eden Hazard. Not sure Roberto Martinez is the man to do it for them though.

I predict a the final four will be France, Belgium, Germany and Brazil. England will go out at the second round. I like Southgate but not sure he has the quality of players to do it, that said when we have had the quality in years gone by the weight of expectation has been too much. If he leaves out the modern day John Barnes (Sterling) who knows?
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Jun 2018, 13:06

RobYeltz wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 10:49
The quality of French players makes them strong contenders in my opinion, likewise Belgium. Whether they play as a team is another matter. The Belgian public see this side as their 'golden generation' and so they should with players like Eden Hazard. Not sure Roberto Martinez is the man to do it for them though.

I predict a the final four will be France, Belgium, Germany and Brazil. England will go out at the second round. I like Southgate but not sure he has the quality of players to do it, that said when we have had the quality in years gone by the weight of expectation has been too much. If he leaves out the modern day John Barnes (Sterling) who knows?
Some of the young players we have look fearless and I think that could make a big difference this time. Rashford especially. Could be our biggest opportunity at a championship in 20 years. Belgium v England final. That's scuppered it for those 2 to both get out the group. :D

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by welshyeltz » 12 Jun 2018, 18:55

Brazil Croatia England and France. And that from a Welshman !! .

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 12 Jun 2018, 22:50

andy wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 13:06
RobYeltz wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 10:49

Some of the young players we have look fearless and I think that could make a big difference this time. Rashford especially. Could be our biggest opportunity at a championship in 20 years. Belgium v England final. That's scuppered it for those 2 to both get out the group. :D
And just whaddayouknow? About as much a me ;)

Get yerself ready for an outbreak of blue boxes!

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 12 Jun 2018, 22:52

Westyeltz wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 22:50
Well, maybe not. I might just be getting the hang of this compution stuff.

Any jobs going at your place Poll?

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 14 Jun 2018, 08:38

Westyeltz wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 22:52
Westyeltz wrote:

Yeah, we're thinking of sorting out our garden, will expect a quote from you soon :)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Jun 2018, 13:25

Poll wrote:
14 Jun 2018, 08:38
Westyeltz wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 22:52
Westyeltz wrote:

Yeah, we're thinking of sorting out our garden, will expect a quote from you soon :)
Never mind that you pair. Who's going to win the World Cup? ;D