Forza Cagliari! Gratzie a lei.

Anything else goes in here...
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Forza Cagliari! Gratzie a lei.

Post by andy » 06 May 2016, 22:08

I know not one single one of you will give a stuff but tonight Cagliari Calcio returned to their rightful place in Serie A courtesy of a 3-0 win at Bari. Annoyed I could not arrange anything quick enough to be there but well chuffed in an alcoholic haze in my conservatory.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Forza Cagliari! Gratzie a lei.

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 May 2016, 22:37

I've seen you in your Calgiari shirt enough times to know where you loyalties lie.
And I'm far too afraid of a horse's head on the pillow to do anything other than offer my congratulations!
(Sardinia, Sicily, it's all the same.)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 May 2016, 09:14

YeltzDoc wrote:I've seen you in your Calgiari shirt enough times to know where you loyalties lie.
And I'm far too afraid of a horse's head on the pillow to do anything other than offer my congratulations!
(Sardinia, Sicily, it's all the same.)
Cheers mate.
Still a few areas where horse head/ pillow combinations may be an issue but nothing like those pesky Sicilians. Grrr.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 May 2016, 18:22

Cant believe I spelt 'grazie' with a 't' before anyone pulls me up! Must have had more than I thought. ;D

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 08 May 2016, 10:05

What is your link to Cagliari?
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 May 2016, 12:59

RobYeltz wrote:What is your link to Cagliari?
Started as a holiday visit 20 odd years ago. Went to see them and kind of got hooked. Been back to see them in various parts of the country as well as Sardinia quite a few times since. Under Massimo Cellino's ownership (now wrecking Leeds) he hired and fired 30 odd managers in a little over 20 years and they seemed to lunge from one crisis to another (even at one point playing their 'home' games many hundreds of miles away in Udine) so I guess the instability over the years made them feel like our lot. ::)

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by welshyeltz » 08 May 2016, 16:36

Are you sure Mason wasn't involved there.
At least now you can wear your jacket with pride..
P.S. when you started following the Sardines did you ever think Burton would play Villa , Blues , and Wolves in the league - walsall might also be there

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 May 2016, 18:11

welshyeltz wrote:Are you sure Mason wasn't involved there.
At least now you can wear your jacket with pride..
P.S. when you started following the Sardines did you ever think Burton would play Villa , Blues , and Wolves in the league - walsall might also be there
It doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago we were trouncing Burton on their own turf in one of the best performances I can remember us putting in. Since then i guess It just shows the fine lines that can catapult a team to the heady heights that Burton have reached against effectively a backward step for us since then. We were without a doubt as big a club as Burton, Cheltenham and Crawley at that time and none of them really suggested football league status was round the corner. Maybe our turn will come.....

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 May 2016, 18:16

P.S big congrats to Burton on their achievement. Disappointing though it was at the expense of Walsall.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 May 2016, 18:38

P.P.S A couple of years prior to my Cagliari watching they had successive promotions from SerieC to SerieA. They were managed by a guy named Ranieri. Whatever happened to him..... ;D