BT Sport - Help

Anything else goes in here...
Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

BT Sport - Help

Post by Westyeltz » 22 Jan 2015, 12:40

I'm stuck ??? But I bet someone on here will know - but I doubt it will be brother Avery. ::)

I know the JG lounge has BT Sport so this seemed a good place to begin my quest for tech -knowledgey.

Having recently had BT Infinity Broadband installed at home I'd like to know the best way to set it up to watch it on the telly.

At the moment I'm watching it via the BT Sport app on my tablet which connects to the Google Chromecast thingy plugged in to the back of the TV (my mate set this up). This is Ok but the pictures stop, flicker or crash at times. And the Mrs is complaining she can't watch SPL fixtures when I'm out of the house with the tablet ;)

Is it possible to connect the BT Hub to the Chromecast gadget to watch BT Sport without going through the tablet? If so how and do I need any extra kit?

All help would be appreciated - including Andy!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: BT Sport - Help

Post by old git » 22 Jan 2015, 14:09

if you stick the thingy in the whatsit and wiggle it a bit that should do the trick ;D

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 22 Jan 2015, 14:16

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Jan 2015, 15:43

Westyeltz wrote:I'm stuck ??? But I bet someone on here will know - but I doubt it will be brother Avery. ::)

I know the JG lounge has BT Sport so this seemed a good place to begin my quest for tech -knowledgey.

Having recently had BT Infinity Broadband installed at home I'd like to know the best way to set it up to watch it on the telly.

At the moment I'm watching it via the BT Sport app on my tablet which connects to the Google Chromecast thingy plugged in to the back of the TV (my mate set this up). This is Ok but the pictures stop, flicker or crash at times. And the Mrs is complaining she can't watch SPL fixtures when I'm out of the house with the tablet ;)

Is it possible to connect the BT Hub to the Chromecast gadget to watch BT Sport without going through the tablet? If so how and do I need any extra kit?

All help would be appreciated - including Andy!
Fuck it off out the window.....

Well you did ask ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Jan 2015, 15:48

....also, Buzzcocks, Nuneaton. Going? Cant decide. Its not far for you though is it.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 22 Jan 2015, 21:49

I would n't tell you even if I knew, Westy cos yo woe gid me a George.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 29 Jan 2015, 17:09

Andy - I couldn't find your very erudite solution in the "Trouble shooting" section of the handbook. ::)

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 29 Jan 2015, 17:35

lutleyyeltz wrote:Andy - I couldn't find your very erudite solution in the "Trouble shooting" section of the handbook. ::)
It's not in the Troubleshhoting section, but when I looked in the index under "Disposal, end of equipment life" the details suggested by Andy were there

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 30 Jan 2015, 10:54

I should charge for my solutions to these technical problems....