Halesowen Carnival 2015

Anything else goes in here...
swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Halesowen Carnival 2015

Post by swipey » 19 Aug 2014, 03:41

Saw on the front of last week's Chronicle about a pending carnival for the first time in Halesowen for 20 years.

Sounds good, and would be great for the club if affiliated in any way - any ideas or thoughts?

Join the Facebook group here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/halesowencarnival/
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Halesowen Carnival 2015

Post by RobYeltz » 19 Aug 2014, 16:42

I agree, if the football club wants support from the town it should try and support the town when it has events!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 19 Aug 2014, 21:12

I've decided to go to the meeting about it at Halesowen library which happens to be on flippin' NLD at 2pm!
I don't mind representing the Yeltz and will liaise with Yeltz staff about any ideas I could pitch forward.

Basic thing - I think just a stall or something. There hasn't been much input into the carnival so far, but it is being held on Black Country Day, this is a great opportunity for HTFC to show we are 'one with the community'.

Please add to this thread any ideas you may have.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 25 Aug 2014, 19:50

Hand out fixture cards? The size of credit cards, maybe?

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 25 Aug 2014, 22:49

I have a few ideas:

Stall:
Selling merchandise
Massive signs advertising FB, Twitter, Official sites
Signed Yeltz shirt by the players, won with a raffle, £1 a ticket or summat
Raiden's excellent idea of the credit card sizes fixtures, given out with raffle ticket
Advertisement & possible(?) distribution of 2015/16 season tickets

Anything else?

On another note, the official FB page seems to be slow, I'll see at the meeting if there's any real foundations for it - the bloke running it has already been verbally abused, poor chap :-\

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 25 Aug 2014, 22:57

Maybe we could do some kind of link up work with some of our existing sponsors?

For example, rather than take a stall, could we use a van to sell our merchandise from, a van Halesowen Self Drive as they are one of our sponsors.
Ace embroidery could have some catalogs on our display as well as Dog food from the Big Pet Store. I'm being a little flippant of course but you get the gist. I think if we can show we are supported already by some local businesses it will help others to consider getting involved with us. I think it important we can be seen to giving to the community too rather than just taking.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 27 Aug 2014, 00:29

For me on a personal level, I want all attendees at the proposed carnival to understand that HTFC is part of their community and that we're willing to be a crucial part of that as the club does it's cliched 'Phoenix from the ashes' phase, rather than a "we desperately need your support" (although we do) pleading seminar.

I'd like to strike a balance where we can show that we can give to the community and make it their worthwhile to attend matches and at this point I think it may be a difficult balance to achieve; I'll be phoning some Yeltz people over the next week for a bit of input.

However, I'll attend the first meeting on the sixth and I'll have a better idea whether it'll all be tosh or not...

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 27 Aug 2014, 19:54

What about do what AVFC has said, so the advertising side of things, but to actually get people looking and taking note of us, why not do something like a keepy upy competition or something of the sort to gain peoples attention?
#YeltzTV

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 27 Aug 2014, 20:29

BBNOW100 wrote: why not do something like a keepy upy competition or something of the sort to gain peoples attention?
Good call, keep 'em coming ;D