Ex-professionals

Anything else goes in here...
Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Ex-professionals

Post by Wheels » 05 Apr 2014, 11:25

I found this article quite interesting as in nonleague football there seems to be sometimes a perception on both sides that if a former professional footballer signs for a nonleague club then they will either find it easy or be much better than many of their teammates. To my mind this article shows two things firstly nonleague football can in some ways be a completely different game from league football and secondly we as supporters should not instantly expect their extra quality to come out straight away as they may need time to adjust. I just saw the article and it got me thinking so I thought I would put it up here.
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn ... _1_3522328

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ex-professionals

Post by RobYeltz » 05 Apr 2014, 12:01

Interesting article wheels. I suppose we can use our very own Isedyn Christie as an example too. He wasn't playing I believe before signing for us and you can see how his fitness has improved over the season. I firmly believe if we'd had a fit Isedyn Christie at the start of this season we'd have won the league by now, especially when you consider the two early home defeats in hindsight should have returned 4 points minimum.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ