Eldon Maquemba

Discussion regarding Ex-Yeltz-Players and where they are now...
yeltz85
Global Moderator

Eldon Maquemba

Post by yeltz85 » 27 Jun 2011, 10:56

http://www.vavel.com/internacional/port ... -unic.html

Translated as,

Eldon Maquemba: "playing with the selection of Angola is unique"
Today we are going to submit to Eldon Maquemba, international by Angola and naturalized Portuguese, with 27 years already boasts a remarkable and strange career. And that to this striker football led him by Sweden, England, Angola. Portugal, and Viet Nam. Then we leave you with the interview that has granted us exclusive.

Many fantaseamos to give around the world, including some we dreamed to do it playing football. If I think of this I remember Eldon Maquemba, although I do not know, being one of our dreams, but we will see that, as for appeal that may seem, is nuanced.

I think I'm going to ask you too with the first question, but here goes: you could sum up your career so far? Yes, of course, my career the started in Portugal, where I trained and played seven years (East, Olivais Moscavide, Portomosense and Imortal). In 2007, I was transferred to Sweden (Bodens Bk), but I got does not suit me, especially because of the language and the climate, but of course, it was also my first experience abroad.

Then, the truth is that, I thought back to Portugal but I chose to go to England (Halesowen Town F.C) where I had a wonderful experience, playing matches against important teams, but after disagreements with the President, again I left, this time for Cyprus.

At Olympiakos Nicosia (2008-09), I initiated an interesting project, but mid-season received an offer to go to Angola, where the year organized the African Cup of Nations. It was my opportunity to return to the team playing in my country, being seen as well as way to regulate, so I accepted the challenge. In the Recreactivo Caala, I did not have a good year and emerged a new opportunity, in this case to go to Viet Nam (2010-11). Dong Tam Long An coach was the Portuguese Ricardo Formosinho, which made that I feel safe in this new challenge despite not knowing nothing about the country and its football, or its culture.

You've traveled the world playing football (Portugal, Sweden, England, Cyprus, Vietnam...) do not think that it is a very risky race? Do not regard her as such, but if as a race in which I had to adapt to conditions that were emerging. In addition this has allowed me to be coached by a former Portuguese glory as Fernando Chalana (former player of Benfica in the early 1980s), live amazing environments in England and meet Vietnam in my first experience in Asia.

What has been the best time of your career so far? The truth is that I have had very good moments in the East, Halesowen and Dong Tam Long an, but I sincerely believe that the best is yet to come.

You're international by Angola, remind us of your debut please. I made my debut with the national team at the age of 20, I played before 40,000 people in Zambia, was a unique moment on a personal level. Now I have some time without being called, but I am working hard to return to the selection and display everything that I have still not given the national team.

What are the main differences between the Asian and European football? I think the main thing is that in Europe there is a concern for all aspects and conditions so that players can get the most out of your game. Asian football results are required, but there is no concern for financial conditions or to comply with what has been agreed. But all clear has a positive and negative, the Asian market is still very desired by European players, due to the economic strength of the continent.

What will be the next challenge? would you like to Portugal again? I would like to play again in Portugal for family reasons, but does not depend on of my. I have some proposals for European leagues, which for my first option, and also to follow in Asian football, I'm going to wait for God to illuminate my path.

As we see not everything Glitters, but the trajectory of Eldon Maquemba is worthwhile and makes me see that the world is getting smaller, because the distance, in fact, the timing (or something, according to Borges).