Database - spreadsheets

Discussion regarding Ex-Yeltz-Players and where they are now...
Yeltz_Bear
Yeltz Forum Member

Database - spreadsheets

Post by Yeltz_Bear » 15 Jul 2022, 20:53

I have created a database of our matches going back to 1980. I am sharing a few of the spreadsheets if anyone wants to have a look.

They are all live documents and so will update when I put on new match information. This does mean they can be a little slow at loading so are probably best viewed on a computer but can be viewed on a mobile it just takes a while to load.

**EDIT**

Hi

Just a bit of an update on the spreadsheets.

Thanks to the incredibly generous DJ I think I have now got all his match reports onto the Match Summary spreadsheet. This means that I now a report of some kind for approx 60% of the matches going back to 1980.

Whilst doing this I have also updated, where I could, the captains and Man-of-the-matches, though this is no where near complete.

I also decided to record all the penalties scored and missed (including penalty shoot-outs), these can be found on the match summaries, and on the player summaries. I have also done a top ten penalty scorer list on the records spreadsheet.

I thought it may be quite inconvenient to have to keep going back to find all the links so I have made a launch page that will then take you to the sheet you want (hopefully)

Launcher

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Records

This is a summary of some of the records split between various different tabs.

Season Summary

This has a tab for each decade and if you click on the green year cell you can select a different year and the spreadsheet should update to show a summary of that season.

Opposition

Similar click on on the green cell to change the team and it should update the sheet.

Managers

Gives a summary of the managers

Matches

This has two sheets one so that you can search by season and the other so that you can search by opposition. Select the season, then the match and the sheet should update to show the match details, team line ups and I have have found it a match report. They should all be shared but google sometimes does some strange things so if you have any problems just let me know.

Thanks everyone.

Here are a couple other sheets which I forgot to post links to.

Team Line Ups

Team Line ups, similar to the centre pages of the programme.

Players

Player summaries - similar to the other sheets where you can change the player by clicking on the green cell on each page. There is also a page with the current team pictures on.

There are probably some mistakes and not all the data is complete (such as bookings, captains, MOTM etc). Also if there are a number of people on the spreadsheet then others may change the options and so the sheet will update when you dont want it to.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Database - spreadsheets

Post by old git » 15 Jul 2022, 22:05

Excellent work πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 15 Jul 2022, 22:50

This is exactly the level of geekery that I live for.

You, Sir, are both a gentleman and a scholar.
I salute you.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 15 Jul 2022, 23:16

Well done Richard on your superb and comprehensive hard work. It's a great and much wanted resource that we've been sadly lacking for quite a while (with thanks to those who ultimately supplied some of the historical raw data too).

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 16 Jul 2022, 08:37

Tremendous work - we really have missed having this type of info online somewhere for a while.

Will get a link to them added into the Yeltzland apps in the next release (coming soon hopefully)

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 16 Jul 2022, 09:19

Poll wrote: ↑
16 Jul 2022, 08:37
Tremendous work - we really have missed having this type of info online somewhere for a while.

Will get a link to them added into the Yeltzland apps in the next release (coming soon hopefully)
πŸ‘was just about to ask you if that was a possibility. In my retirement years this is the sort of geekery keeps me entertained πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 16 Jul 2022, 09:30

It's just brilliant isn't it. Top man.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 18 Jul 2022, 10:22

The man's a genius

Yeltz_Bear
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz_Bear » 03 Jan 2023, 21:58

Just posting the link to the missing information spreadsheet here too in case anyone wants to see what is missing from the database and fill in some of the blanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

PhilP74
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by PhilP74 » 08 Nov 2023, 11:40

Richard,

Great work on the 1980-2023 spreadsheet...

I'm on VIEW only but here's another MATCH REPORT for the collection...
Let me know if best to send any others I have / come across to you via email...
Cheers, Phil P

THURSDAY 09/11/1989
ROMANS DENIED REPLAY
by Bob Briers (Burton Mail)
Rocester's biggest crowd of the season was captivated by a pulsating second round Birmingham Senior Cup at the Riversfield last night. Halesowen played accurate and composed football around the perpetual motion of Malcolm Hazlewood and the attacking threat of the Joinson brothers Lee and Paul.

The Romans played their part in an absorbing contest and thoughts of a previous FA Vase encounter came flooding back. Mick Collins was again the memory teaser. His brace in the second-half nearly earned the Romans a replay.

A Tony Hemming's header cleared Tim Clarke but failed to beat full-back Graham Price who cleared off the line on 22 minutes.

Halesowen soaked up the pressure to take the lead on the half-hour. Alan Dodd needlessly gave away a free-kick, and from the corner which followed, Richard Owen partially headed away. Malcolm Hazlewood thundered the loose clearance in off the underside of the bar. Hazlewood went close seconds later but stand-in 'keeper Barry Alcock produced an excellent stop to thwart him.

Rocester were lucky to escape before the interval as Chris Nixon brought Steven Morrell (??) down inside the box, but referee Mr Harris awarded a free-kick much to the dismay of the travelling 'Yeltz' fans.

Paul Fernihough replaced the disappointing Dodd at half-time in an effort to bolster the over-worked midfield. Halesowen however went further ahead on 70 minutes Hazlewood scoring his second of the night when his inswinging shot curled inside Alcock's post.

Rocester profited from an act of benevolence seven minutes later as Kevin Barry's poor free-kick was passed back to him. This time his inch perfect cross was headed home by the diving Mick Collins. Collins then sparked a tremendous last ten, fastening onto Fernihough's half-cleared shot to beat 'keeper Tim Clarke for his second.

Rocester's thoughts of a replay were short lived as Lee Joinson sprinted clear to supply twin brother Paul the chance to fire home Halesowen's winner.

Match Report
Courtesy of the Burton Mail